• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    Hi, I purchased a used RCBS Pro 2000 Reloader recently with the loot I earned selling my SKS. I'm really happy with it so far. When I purchased the reloader all original parts were included except the spent primer tube and jar. This tells me 2 things. One, the original owner may not have liked this arrangement or maybe it was just misplaced. I called RCBS 3 times and they are sending me the replacement parts free. Unfortunately, I have been waiting a month. I'm using the loader successfully but the spent primers are going everywhere. My question to you Pro 2000 faithful is how are you handling the spent primers? Is the tube and jar the way to go or have you rigged some simple solution. Wal-mart bag... not working. Thanks!!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Hi, I purchased a used RCBS Pro 2000 Reloader recently with the loot I earned selling my SKS. I'm really happy with it so far. When I purchased the reloader all original parts were included except the spent primer tube and jar. This tells me 2 things. One, the original owner may not have liked this arrangement or maybe it was just misplaced. I called RCBS 3 times and they are sending me the replacement parts free. Unfortunately, I have been waiting a month. I'm using the loader successfully but the spent primers are going everywhere. My question to you Pro 2000 faithful is how are you handling the spent primers? Is the tube and jar the way to go or have you rigged some simple solution. Wal-mart bag... not working. Thanks!!

I just gave my 2000 away. :D

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    Well I wish you would have gave it to me!! :) This thing loads 44 mag's like nobody's business. They look like factory loads. Just wishing our friends at RCBS would get my warranty order straight.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Tube & jar works fine on mine. I have another press, turret version, that I'd probably use to decap the brass to avoid the falling primer problem on my 2000 were I in your situation temporarily. Don't know if you have that option?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I guess that's why my area is such a mess, I take those off and let em fly them sweep them all up when I'm done. :)

No, I wasn't the original owner of his stuff either. ;)

I have tried to use them but they never seem to catch the primers as well as advertised so if I am gonna need to sweep up, I guess I figure why not just sweep them all up. The tubing can be bought easily enough if that is all you need.
    Just wishing our friends at RCBS would get my warranty order straight.
    If you are worried RCBS isn't going to be sending this to you, try to put yourself into their shoes... they are making this stuff as fast as they can, sending it out faster than they can make it and trying like heck to keep up with orders that apparently cannot be stopped. So I would guess they are getting to things in order of the request. There are many requests for these sorts of things, no doubt, so yours will be filled when your time arrives. Patience grasshopper.

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    Tube & jar works fine on mine. I have another press, turret version, that I'd probably use to decap the brass to avoid the falling primer problem on my 2000 were I in your situation temporarily. Don't know if you have that option?

Well no, this is my only press. If I had another one, I would use it to decap before cleaning my brass.

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    I guess that's why my area is such a mess, I take those off and let em fly them sweep them all up when I'm done. :)

If you are worried RCBS isn't going to be sending this to you, try to put yourself into their shoes... they are making this stuff as fast as they can, sending it out faster than they can make it and trying like heck to keep up with orders that apparently cannot be stopped. So I would guess they are getting to things in order of the request. There are many requests for these sorts of things, no doubt, so yours will be filled when your time arrives. Patience grasshopper.

Yes, I'm sure RCBS is buried right now. The phone wait is 1 hour each call. They actually sent me a shipment with the spent primer jar and lid but no tube and spring. It was on the pack slip but someone forgot I guess. :( I will try to be more patient!!

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Well the few times I have used mine I have had no problems with the tube and jar.

If you don't get yours soon I can send you mine because I never use it. I always deprime mine on a single stage so I can clean the pockets to my liking before I reload them on the press.

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    when i bought my dillon 550 used it didnt come with the spent primer cup either i made my own out of an old 35mm film canister or a pill bottle would have worked also.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well no, this is my only press. If I had another one, I would use it to decap before cleaning my brass.

think your die would work in one of those old Lee, open, single stage presses?

If so I have no doubt there is one of those in my garage somewhere, more like three or four, that hasn't been used in years. I just can't get to it myself, I have a bad back and there is a lot of things that are between it and me that I can't move on my own. I suppose you are far away though, I am in Terre Haute. I'd give it to you for the help getting to it and maybe some getting my car back into my garage again. We had a flood six years ago and the volunteers came and helped me sort things so I could throw away the damaged and ruined items but they left it in a way that left me without the use of the garage. They got sort of mean when the saw all the firearm items and reloading stuff and never came back to help me as promised to move it all back again. Stupid Liberals. :xmad:

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    Well the few times I have used mine I have had no problems with the tube and jar.

If you don't get yours soon I can send you mine because I never use it. I always deprime mine on a single stage so I can clean the pockets to my liking before I reload them on the press.

Wow much appreciated. Surely I'll get the RCBS shipment in a couple of more weeks. Thanks.

BTW I learned in my first batch of shells that cleaning the primer pockets is really important. Kinda takes away some of the benefit of a progressive press however.

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    Thanks for the help everyone. RCBS came through and my spent primer parts are installed and working fine. No more primers rolling around in my family room!!

Top Bottom