• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Yes, this is a good start... You can also check out e bay, but you would have to buy everything seperately, and may end up with a mix of brands...
    I have been using an OLD Rock Chucker, for 30 + years, and still going strong...

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    It's a great way to start... I have a couple of Rock Chuckers and they work great! I do prefer the older all metal 5-0-5 scales verses the newer ones that use more plastic( I think that's what comes in these newer kits). They both weigh just as accurate but like the heavier scales sitting on the bench as they stay put better. As the other person said.. Watching on eBay besides INGO can help you piece together a nice setup as well.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    For the vast majority of folks getting into reloading, there is no better choice than the exact RockChucker kit you mentioned in the OP. With just a little care, it will last a lifetime and provide you with many hours of relaxation as you turn out very high-quality ammo. If you want to make lots of pistol rounds instead of bottle-necked cases, the Lee classic turret kit would also be a good choice. Don't make the mistake of buying too much press right off the bat, like a Dillon or Hornady LNL progressive.

The T-Mag II is an impressive piece of equipment but there's no way I'd pay that much for a FIRST press. Frankly, until someone shows me how it does anything better than a press costing half as much, I'll pass. :)

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    i have over 20 years. i like the older models as well as any newer one, in case you find a used one.

^^^+1 IMO, I like (My) the older RC a lot more than the "Supreme" model.
    My RC is close to 40 years old+seems to just get smother every day. I have operated some of the new models+some of those have just felt "Gritty" to me.?? Bill.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    We have 2 set up in the basement plus a lee turrent press, the RCBS's get used the most.
    I will tell you for a fact the RCBS powder drop and scales are a million time better than the lee's

Whackmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    It is a great set up and has done me well for years!. There will be more things you are going to want to consider getting but this does come with most of the essentials that you will need!

Haymaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Jennings County
    I bought the Rock Chucker Kit a year ago and I love it. It has the basic items needed to start reloading, including a manual and instructions on how to reload. However, I have bought some additional items such as a case trimmer.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I have the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme and I figure it probably has about 100,000 plus pulls of the handle since I bought it and it just flat works. Another +1 to RCBS beam scales, too.

I did get the progressive itch and my wife helped by buying me a Hornady Lock-N-Load press for our anniversary last October and that is another phenomenal press; plus Hornady has rebates for bullets when you buy one of their presses and/or dies so that may be worth looking into as well.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    My dad has been churning out ammo for about 20 years on his. For Christmas this year he snagged a good deal on a good old one for me, and I'm sure it will last me at least 20 :)

Top Bottom