• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    FWIW, I built a 300 blackout pistol with a Sig Romeo 5 and LAW Tactical folding buffer adapter for just the type of situation you're describing. It fulfilled it's purpose a few weeks back when I carried it in a backpack in an otherwise impermissible (but not illegal) environment.

I'm pretty sure the battery in the Romeo 5 will last years even if on constantly, so if it sees this type of use consistently, I'll just replace the battery annually.

I'd love an optic that costs twice what I paid for the pistol, but I don't have a $10M life insurance policy either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

+1
    I was thinking the same thing. 40,000 hours is a lot, and batteries are cheap.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That Romeo looks good.

If I pull the trigger on a RD, I have decided that I'll go with the Holosun HS510C. I have a Holosun on my pistol so that is part of the reason, plus the shake awake feature, adjustable dot brightness (not forced into auto adjust), 2 moa dot, battery location and battery life. I'll replace the battery once per year whether it's needed or not.

I'm willing to trust Holosun to perform to my requirements.

Top Bottom