• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We all dislike Dick and would love to see him gone, but the grim reality is that he is going to be re-elected. Like it or not. His machine's too big, he has all the money he needs and the TEA Parties are a cluster you know what. We're going to be stuck with Dick till he's either dead of old age or decides to retire. Nothing's going to happen in the next election cycle to change this. Abdul, from WXNT has the perspective right on this one.

Indiana Barrister Blog Archive Time To Tea Off

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    MJ, after seeing some of the things that occurred in the last Congress, I have to say that anything is possible, as in, Lugar might not be re-elected if Indiana voters continue their swing to the right, or Lugar dies from a heart attack due to age.

The older I get, the less I use "ever", "never", and "always".

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    He used the plural word "libtards". Just wondering how he could potentially say any of my posts in my history would fit that definition.

Maybe he needs more sleep.

Following the modern definition of liberal, no one around here would fit that description. In addition, adding "tard" to the end of a word certainly doesn't make your opinion appear as if it comes from educated and respected point of view. Particularly after lecturing others about posting out of "emotion" instead of facts. That is my opinion, of course. Maybe such language appeals to others.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have supported, Dick Lugar, in the past, but NO MORE, He drinks, from the Poto,ac, WAY too much, for my liking, let's find someone, like Chard Ried, who ran against, Dan Burton, and get behind them, and have an alternative to "Dick" .....

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Lugar is powerful not invulnerable

Nothing is certain in this life. There have been surprising upsets before. In our most recent elections people have shown how much they have grown weary of the status quo of evil greedy politicians that serve themselves and not the people.

Lugar is powerful not invulnerable. Now is not the time to talk of defeat and roll over on your belly with your ass stuck up in the air. Rather now is the time to rally against him.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'd love to see Lugar get thrashed by a primary challenger.

Seeing as how Tea Party people managed to unseat established RINOs in other states, I'm hopeful it can happen here.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    No, as usual he's busy stalking people who don't agree with him and using his catch phrase. It's the only thing he's got, since he can't address the article. He'd much rather harass people. It's just his standard MO.

I addressed the article, but let me go a little further in depth for you.

Abdul says Lugar will win. That will happen if the people that oppose him sit on the side lines. You are one of those people. Instead of offering anything constructive you throw up your hands and say all is lost because Abdul says so. Rather than helping to cure the state of Indiana of its disease you'd rather do nothing enabling you to sit in your high and mighty perch and continue to complain about republicrats, conservatives, liberals, Lugar, Coats, the government, enforcers, and anyone else not in the feed your unicorn gang.

Now you will come back with it's illegal to interfere with a party's election, and you're going to hold a principled position not to break the law unless of course it involves stealing someone else's property. Others of us will put money into trying to defeat Lugar; you won't even support the site that you troll so often.

What it comes down to is you need something to **** and moan about, and misery loves company. You want to perch on your bridge and snarl at those trying to make a difference. That's what you do. I get it. So do most others.

We will continue to try to change the system. You will continue to resist all attempts to do so. Because in the end you don't want to change the system; you want it to collapse.

Is that a better and more thoughtful analysis of the article and nuances surrounding your post?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Evidently everybody here has forgotten the debates about Coats here already. Nobody could agree on which primary opponent to vote for. Once Coats won, we just "had to" vote for Coats to vote against Ellsworth. Same old story, just a different candidate.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Evidently everybody here has forgotten the debates about Coats here already. Nobody could agree on which primary opponent to vote for. Once Coats won, we just "had to" vote for Coats to vote against Ellsworth. Same old story, just a different candidate.
    Exactly. And the same will apply when Lugar wins in the gop primary. Some trolls forget that, despite the fact that it was just a short time ago. Then they accuse you sitting on the sidelines, despite the fact that you support the gops opponent, (and the better candidate). Memory is very selective around here when it doesn't fit their story.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Feeling down today are we, Mr. J.?:D
    Not really. Just resigned to the fact that Lugar has two machines behind him and his erstwhile opponents can't afford sandwiches at their meetings. While I'd love to see him replaced I just don't see the TEA Party doing it, this go around. They're too disorganised and haven't focused anything on fundraising to support their would be candidates. Votes are fine, but they'd need to garner well over a million to beat him and I just can't see that happening. (And, yes, I don't see an LP candidate beating his machine, either. Even tho that's my first choice and the one who'll get my vote). The gop machine is strong enough on a statewide basis (and they will support Lugar) that they aren't likely to worry about a few defectors. As we saw with Coates, there are plenty who'll oppose him now, but come election day they'll follow the herd.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

No one's forgotten. I think we've learned from the Coats debacle. Tea parties are trying to work together to coalesse around recruiting and supporting a single opponent. Organization and communication will be key.

All things being equal and if today's story line holds true (never good to count on) it will all come down to the Republican primary. The Losertarians will field someone who is probably a great candidate without a prayer of winning. The Democrats are in disfavor, and short of them getting Bayh to run again lack anyone of prominence sufficient to unseat Lugar or someone capable of upsetting him.

If Arlen Specter can lose in Pennsylvania Lugar can be defeated here too.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No one's forgotten. I think we've learned from the Coats debacle. Tea parties are trying to work together to coalesse around recruiting and supporting a single opponent. Organization and communication will be key.

All things being equal and if today's story line holds true (never good to count on) it will all come down to the Republican primary. The Losertarians will field someone who is probably a great candidate without a prayer of winning. The Democrats are in disfavor, and short of them getting Bayh to run again lack anyone of prominence sufficient to unseat Lugar or someone capable of upsetting him.

If Arlen Specter can lose in Pennsylvania Lugar can be defeated here too.

The Tea Party fund raising won't hold a candle to what the State and National Republican parties will dump into Lugar's campaign. Nice when your party works against your best interest isn't?

ETA: The NRA will probably throw their endorsement at Lugar as well.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have removed the personally directed insults in this thread. I thought that preferable to simply closing it. Let's all please keep discussions related to the subject matter and not focus on personalities and people involved in the discussion, shall we?

Thanks.

Blessings,
    Bill

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The Tea Party fund raising won't hold a candle to what the State and National Republican parties will dump into Lugar's campaign. Nice when your party works against your best interest isn't?

ETA: The NRA will probably throw their endorsement at Lugar as well.

Tell that to Arlen Specter, Mike Castle, Bob Bennett, Baron Hill. Look at the number of tea party backed candidates that defeated establishment candidates this past cycle. Votes are about organization and communication. Getting a message out. How it gets out is not relevent. That it gets out is.

A well organized grass roots campaign will defeat a well funded media campaign. But I guess if you've a member of the doom and gloom gang and have already given up, nothing good is going to happen.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Abdul says Lugar will win. That will happen if the people that oppose him sit on the side lines.

hell win big because hoosiers obey what theyre told and dont rock the boat... all the big money big government players back lugar and hes got friends in all the big lobbys...

You are one of those people. Instead of offering anything constructive

????? he supports libertarians... nothing more constructive than that...

you throw up your hands and say all is lost because Abdul says so.

all is lost because the people who get favors from both parties wont give up their government programs and vote libertarian

Rather than helping to cure the state of Indiana of its disease you'd rather do nothing enabling you to sit in your high and mighty perch and continue to complain about republicrats, conservatives, liberals, Lugar, Coats, the government, enforcers, and anyone else not in the feed your unicorn gang.

he opposes the bad people... you named a bunch...

Now you will come back with it's illegal to interfere with a party's election, and you're going to hold a principled position not to break the law unless of course it involves stealing someone else's property.

personal attack... jarrell is NOT a thief!!!!!!!!!!

Others of us will put money into trying to defeat Lugar; you won't even support the site that you troll so often.

you got about three lowblow personal attacks into that attack... when you cant win,,,throw sand in someones face...

You want to perch on your bridge and snarl at those trying to make a difference.

voting for republicans aint never gonna make a difference...

We will continue to try to change the system.

i wish you wouldnt... dont need your kind of --- hope and change... your ---change--- will just makes things worse...

Because in the end you don't want to change the system; you want it to collapse.

isnt a collapse of this system a change in how things are done???

Is that a better and more thoughtful analysis of the article and nuances surrounding your post?

sounded like nothing but a personal attack to me...

lugar WILL be reelected,,,and not because of abdul,,,because of people who like the current system so much they wont do the right thing...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Im glad that the people that voted Scott Brown in office over Martha Coakley in the race for Kennedy’s seat didn't just give up before the election even took place.

Top Bottom