• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    His health should be an issue. I have heard that is does affect his day to day activities....

How often do you see him speaking? Very little and for only short periods. He is going to have a tough time getting back in office. There also is a good chance Pence will be appointed to Dick's seat before the election.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    There's quite some time before the elections and for those of you that are ready to throw in the towel, go ahead and throw it in, but please keep your yap shut, stay out of the way and try not to be too much of an annoying distraction. There are still plenty of us out there that aren't willing to roll over! I guess someone should have told Christie that he didn't have a chance against Corzine's millions when running for Governor of New Jersey, huh?
    Semper Fi!

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    His health should be an issue. I have heard that is does affect his day to day activities....

How often do you see him speaking? Very little and for only short periods. He is going to have a tough time getting back in office. There also is a good chance Pence will be appointed to Dick's seat before the election.

Pence has alot of bigger fish to fry.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The bigger issue here isn't an individual senator. It's the fact that the Republican party continues to endorse a senator like Lugar. That tells me that Lugar's ideals are one and the same as the Republican party's. So, does the Republican party represent your views?

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have supported, Dick Lugar, in the past, but NO MORE, He drinks, from the Poto,ac, WAY too much, for my liking, let's find someone, like Chard Ried, who ran against, Dan Burton, and get behind them, and have an alternative to "Dick" .....

You supported Dick Lugar ???

laughter16.gif

Well i have done something dumb too .. I use to vote mainly Republican ..
    Shame on us both ...

Thanks
    Duncan:):)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    is it??? what gun law has brown introduced legislation to repeal???

Im talking about the fact that no one is certain to win an election. Just as people now are saying no way Dick can be defeated people in 2010 election said no way Martha Coakley could lose, yet he did. My point the election is not over until its over.

Im not debating any specific issue just the fact no one should count Dick a winner until the election is over.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't think it's throwing in the towel. I think it's a realistic look at a situation in order to understand the amount of work that needs to be done to defeat him.

Lugar has a very large backing both locally and nationally and those loyal to him will be very vocal on the television, radio, and around the water cooler.

We need to recognize this and step up with courage and conviction to properly refute those who claim Lugar is the most "viable" or "electable" candidate.

We need to educate the electorate, so they can make an informed decision regarding their Liberty.

Let's make a list of points as reasons to vote AGAINST Lugar. As a candidate emerges to challenge, we can begin to make a list of reasons to vote FOR the other candidate.

My biggest gripe with Lugar is that his official position on Alternative Energy revolves around raising the prices of fossil fuels to the point that Alternative fuels are economically viable. One of his biggest goals is $5/gal gasoline in order to push us away from consumption and towards alternative fuels.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I don't think it's throwing in the towel. I think it's a realistic look at a situation in order to understand the amount of work that needs to be done to defeat him.

Lugar has a very large backing both locally and nationally and those loyal to him will be very vocal on the television, radio, and around the water cooler.

We need to recognize this and step up with courage and conviction to properly refute those who claim Lugar is the most "viable" or "electable" candidate.

We need to educate the electorate, so they can make an informed decision regarding their Liberty.

Let's make a list of points as reasons to vote AGAINST Lugar. As a candidate emerges to challenge, we can begin to make a list of reasons to vote FOR the other candidate.

My biggest gripe with Lugar is that his official position on Alternative Energy revolves around raising the prices of fossil fuels to the point that Alternative fuels are economically viable. One of his biggest goals is $5/gal gasoline in order to push us away from consumption and towards alternative fuels.

Then that's what you tell everyone you know to tell everyone they know. Show how he supports that position. His votes. His statements. Who he is accepting money from.

People don't care about liberty. They care about paying their bills and doing it again tomorrow. They care about a safe place to live. You won't defeat him by talking about liberty. Sad but true fact.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    If people don't care about Liberty, then they get the government they deserve.

I think I'm going to join an Amish community. Shouldn't be too hard, I've already got the beard.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    If people don't care about Liberty, then they get the government they deserve.

you HAD to have seen how conservatives,,,especially conservatives on this board and other gun owners,,,insult people who are into liberty over obeying laws... did you SEE that jury nullification discussion here a few weeks ago??? scary...they say that following a law---even a bad law---is more important than being free...

republicans,,,conservatives,,,whatever you want to call them,,,want to be part of what their friends and family are doing,,,so theyll vote for lugar in the primary to be with everyone else they know,,,and theyll vote for him in november and feel good that a democrat didnt get elected and obama didnt get another friend...

when you realize what american politics is,,,and who really controls which people get elected,,,you lose your faith in the entire system...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sadly, I agree that Lugar will be re-elected by the same people who elected phony Republican Dan Coats.

I haven't even considered voting for Lugar after last voting for him in 1988.
    Up until then I voted for him even knowing of his double life with another man activities as Indianapolis Mayor in the 1970's.

I turned against him strongly after the so called "assault weapons ban" and due to the responses I got to letters I sent him voicing my concerns.

He showed me then that he cares NOTHING for the US Constitution he swears to uphold, and his recent comments that it's "utopian" to expect him to follow it in his governing.

If Lugar isn't an example of a domestic enemy of the US Constitution I don't know who is...

I know political "litmus tests" sound simplistic.

But as I've gotten older I've noticed a pattern that politicians who are against or for stiff restrictions on private ownership of firearms USUALLY are the types who govern from a standpoint that the government OWNS us and we don't own ourselves.

WHY would I even consider voting for anybody who doesn't consider me a free man and their equal?

Last edited:

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I will not be voting for Dick this election , nor any other who has lost touch with the mainstream here in Indiana.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Who are the candidates that will oppose Senator Lugar in the primary? Are there any confirmed names at this point?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    If conservatives can get unifed they will boot him out if not???

The 'conservative' base has the same brain power and mentality of the 'liberal' left. They vote for the party and the big name. They are incapable of independent thought, even if they tried. "Stuck on stupid" comes to mind.

So that means 60ish percent of the GOP voters will for "tried and true"... in their minds.

The only option is to motive people who do not normally vote in the primary and hope to turn out more bodies than those stuck on stupid.

Otherwise we will have two groups of stuck on stupid come November general elections to contend with.

I'm not voting for lugar. Ever.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    macxhete, I consider myself a conservative, and I can assure you I will not be voting for Lugar. If he is on the ticket, I will vote Libertarian (if ones on the ticket). Otherwise I pass. In my experience, when dealing with folks who are not much into the political picture, its best to just give them a little bit of info as to whats going on. If they are interested, give them more. If they don't seem interested, let it go until another time. Many many poeople out there have no idea who represents them in govt., or how their idealogy truly affects them. I try to set an example and stay on the high road.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    macxhete, I consider myself a conservative, and I can assure you I will not be voting for Lugar. If he is on the ticket, I will vote Libertarian (if ones on the ticket). Otherwise I pass. In my experience, when dealing with folks who are not much into the political picture, its best to just give them a little bit of info as to whats going on. If they are interested, give them more. If they don't seem interested, let it go until another time. Many many poeople out there have no idea who represents them in govt., or how their idealogy truly affects them. I try to set an example and stay on the high road.

That might work if there wasn't so much traffic on the low road.

Top Bottom