• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I just recieved my new book by Ferfal about surviving in Argentina. What are some other books that are good for the home library that could be an aid in disaster or other events? I know military manuals are popular but I want actual books as I like to read a lot as well. If there is a true SHTF we won't be able to get on the internet to get information since we all will be setting in the dark. Any good books out there that you can recommend would be great and they don't have to be purely survival but hopefully related.

These are a few I have:

Surviving in Argentina...Ferfal
    Patriots
    Indiana edible plants and medicinal plants

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I would suggest the following for you. :D

KnifeSafetyBook.jpg

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Any of the "Foxfire" series and one called "Country Wisdom"

More good info in these then one can learn in a lifetime.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you're going to get a book on medicinal herbs, it's only smart to get one that tells you what to do with them. This book is the finest I've ever come across and is an old favourite of mine. It uses recipes from the English herbalists and they do indeed work. I've used a few of them quite successfully. It's an essential book for any SHTF library.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Holistic-Herbal-4th-Practical-Remedies/dp/0007145411/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1]Amazon.com: Holistic Herbal 4th Edition: A Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies (9780007145416): David Hoffman: Books[/ame]

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If you're going to get a book on medicinal herbs, it's only smart to get one that tells you what to do with them. This book is the finest I've ever come across and is an old favourite of mine. It uses recipes from the English herbalists and they do indeed work. I've used a few of them quite successfully. It's an essential book for any SHTF library.

Amazon.com: Holistic Herbal 4th Edition: A Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies (9780007145416): David Hoffman: Books

I don't knock the medicinal plants in any way as my grandma still uses some things to cure common problems. My goal here is to finish up my home library so that I can read along the way as well as have everything stored for the future.

Top Bottom