• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Hey everyone.... I sold my SKS, I have 350.00 and I have another 100.00 im not trying to spend. Im in the Market for a AK now. . Im going to either have Put & Take order me one, or have one shipped to him, or maybe a Private Individual. For my money it looks like I will be buying a WASR 10. I used to have one and was STUPID for selling it, I never had a problem but that was 4 years ago.

What are peoples sugestions?

1. Stick firmly around 350-450.00
    2. Tell me what to look for.
    3. Stay 7.62..
    4. I got till the end of next week to find one so I can get it before I get home on leave.

Thanks!

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Hey everyone.... I sold my SKS, I have 350.00 and I have another 100.00 im not trying to spend. Im in the Market for a AK now. . Im going to either have Put & Take order me one, or have one shipped to him, or maybe a Private Individual. For my money it looks like I will be buying a WASR 10. I used to have one and was STUPID for selling it, I never had a problem but that was 4 years ago.

What are peoples sugestions?

1. Stick firmly around 350-450.00
    2. Tell me what to look for.
    3. Stay 7.62..
    4. I got till the end of next week to find one so I can get it before I get home on leave.

Thanks!

Get a KREBS AK-47, I've heard excellent things about it:yesway:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Try Dunhams ,Those ak's ( 389.95 double stack wasr's sunday & monday,399.95 after monday)are in your price range but ask to see & examine before you walk out of store.Make sure the sights arent canted & the mag fits & snaps in with authority ( also check to see if there is any mag wobble .If it has any of these problems ,ask to see another one

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Try Dunhams ,Those ak's ( 389.95 double stack wasr's sunday & monday,399.95 after monday)are in your price range but ask to see & examine before you walk out of store.Make sure the sights arent canted & the mag fits & snaps in with authority ( also check to see if there is any mag wobble .If it has any of these problems ,ask to see another one

The Century WASR 10s aren't anywhere near as sloppy as they used to be. Wobble and canted sights shouldn't be an issue unless Dunhams (or who ever) have inventory that has been collecting dust for at least a year or so.

And to the OP, does it have to be a rifle? Draco pistols should easily fit your price range, are legal to take deer in Indiana, and 922r isn't an issue if you decide to swap accessories later.

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Ive thought about the Draco.... IDK I want a stock, but i could save 200 for a sbr permit.... I think I rather have a rifle though. Anybody in southern Indiana reading this that has advice?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Kieslers down in Jeffersonville had them for $449 a couple weeks ago, WASR AK47's. They will deal though so you could get one for around $420 I would say. They had regular wood stocked AK's and underfolding AK's, several to choose from! :D

Last edited:

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    You guys already know what I'm gonna say, but I'm gonna say it anyways. Don't get an AK, get a VZ 2008. Long story short, better features than the AK, while using the same ammo, looks similar, just as upgradeable, and only costs $360. I love mine, and everybody that has one loves theirs. If you want more info than the link I have can provide for you, shoot me a PM, we can talk about it.
    Here's the link https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/137779-vz2008.html

The people that will tell you to avoid Century are snobs. I have run across more good Century than I have bad. And they have a lifetime warranty.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Ive thought about the Draco.... IDK I want a stock, but i could save 200 for a sbr permit.... I think I rather have a rifle though. Anybody in southern Indiana reading this that has advice?

111 Gun Shop in Louisville. The used to be in Clarksville, but now they're off Hurstbourne Lane.

Top Bottom