• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    So tell it to me INGO.

Where is there a real family owned barber shop in the Greenwood / Franklin area that does an awesome job and IS NOT a big chain store....

And your reviews of said hair trimming stations too.....

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Jon, go see Lance at Tom's Barber Shop in downtown Greenwood right next to "the Suds".

He's become a good buddy of mine and the atmosphere there is VERY old school/original barber-like. Good guys and good conversations in there!

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    I liked Bill and Randy's on 135 and County Line. I can't remember which one gave me my first haircut though. They started bringing in newer people in the last couple years as they are starting to want to retire I believe. Still a 'real' barbershop though.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    I haven't lived in G-wood for a couple years now... but a fella on Smith Valley, called Rons I belive. Its on the southside of the road, he has a little shop next door to his house, heck might be in this driveway.Just west of Hamptons Meat Market.. Pretty cool ol dude

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There's a barber shop on 135 just north of Perry Meridian Middle School. Think it's still north of the DQ. East side of 135.

There's also one up near the old Galyan's property near 31 and Shelby.

I've never been to either of them, just driven by.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've been going to Bill and Randy's for several years now. Always a good cut, hot gel neck shave, and shoulder/back massage!
    They have brought in a couple younger guys and a couple females lately.

Btw, they are on 135 just south of County Line Rd. on the west side of the street.
    And they are pro-gun!

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Update: The place on 135 ain't a Barbershop any more. A) it's south of DQ, and B) says "salon" above the door.

Mea culpa.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've been going to Bill and Randy's for several years now. Always a good cut, hot gel neck shave, and shoulder/back massage!
    They have brought in a couple younger guys and a couple females lately.

Btw, they are on 135 just south of County Line Rd. on the west side of the street.
    And they are pro-gun!

What's this place next to?

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Jon, go see Lance at Tom's Barber Shop in downtown Greenwood right next to "the Suds".

He's become a good buddy of mine and the atmosphere there is VERY old school/original barber-like. Good guys and good conversations in there!

Went to these guys. Walked in & walked out in a half hour. L

Good guys and a great cut for $11

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Just remember that some of the places you think of as a big chain are franchises that are owned by people living in your community. I own two stores that you would probably consider a big chain. I employ people in our community and sponsor youth sports teams and charity events in our community. Please keep an open mind and don't discount a business because of a common name. I pay franchise fees, ad fund and royalties, but my chain stores are family owned by someone in the community.

Top Bottom