• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Never was a big D&D fan. I always preferred Call of Cthulhu, Champions, MSPE and T&T. Looks like I'll have to train the kids to play. And I do like PnP better than electrons for many things.

If you liked Champions, you ought to get ahold of some of the old DC Heroes stuff--fairly similar, and really fun to play, too!! :twocents:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Got it, never cared too much for it, tho. Same thing with Villains and Vigilantes. Great concepts, but they didn't play too well.

That's a pity... maybe the group you were in?? I'd have to highly recommend another old system that I've been playing for a few months: 7th seas... that one works VERY well, because it's harder for folks to "rules-lawyer" and make uber-characters.:D

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    We need an INGO D&D Group! Or if you really want to waste a lot of time I suggest EvE online. Its basically mutli-player excel!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm not leaving 0.0 space just to play multi-player Excel. I'd get my butt Concorded in a New York Second.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I used to be big in to DD. Before too long I became a Grand Wizard.

Wait...am I thinking of DD?

Nope, sorry. Wrong initials, false alarm. We're talking about 2 totally different clubs. :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    We need an INGO D&D Group! Or if you really want to waste a lot of time I suggest EvE online. Its basically mutli-player excel!

I'm not leaving 0.0 space just to play multi-player Excel. I'd get my butt Concorded in a New York Second.

Every time I think about trying EVE beyond the trial period...I am reminded of this graph:

eve-online-learning-curve.jpg

It is 100% accurate :):

Though, I must admit that the idea of being able to actually infiltrate a corporation, steal their crap and detonate all their mightiest warships without being slapped on the wrist for it is pretty awesome.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    MMORPG's are also fun but sitting & staring at a computer screen is not really the same as sitting around a table with friends.

My old D&D gaming group (circa late 70's-mid 80's) still gets together every couple of years for a gaming reunion, unfortunately we are scattered all over the country now so it's not as easy getting everyone together as it used to be.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Wizards needs to kick their virtual tabletop crew into high gear. I've actually been researching 3rd-party solutions for a while... none look as good as what I've seen of the Wizards product, but all are basically functional.

We've been looking into video conferencing options, coupled w/online dice rollers & uploaded jpg map sections something like that might work.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Wizards needs to kick their virtual tabletop crew into high gear. I've actually been researching 3rd-party solutions for a while... none look as good as what I've seen of the Wizards product, but all are basically functional.

A few years back when my old D&D group moved to different states we tried Fantasy Grounds :: The Virtual Tabletop for Pen & Paper Roleplaying Games for a few games. Wasnt bad, just not as much fun as playing in person, as it lacked, the ability to loudly yell after failing to make a wear-wombat check.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A few years back when my old D&D group moved to different states we tried Fantasy Grounds :: The Virtual Tabletop for Pen & Paper Roleplaying Games for a few games. Wasnt bad, just not as much fun as playing in person, as it lacked, the ability to loudly yell after failing to make a wear-wombat check.

The game is such a small part of the experience that you really have to be there in person. It's a social game and it requires the "social" part for it to be fun.

Top Bottom