• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Weird question I suppose, but how much ammo do you usually burn on a trip to the range with a handgun? Only reason I ask is because I hit up the pop guns range today to get some more break in on the sr9c and had 3 different people comment on how much ammo I was throwing down range.

All these boxes are empty, and the sr9c ate every single round without issue. :D

gun2.png

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    When I have the time and money to shoot what I want, I'll put 250 rounds through my carry gun every week or two. Then it's on to .22s... A brick sounds about right :D

Don't know how much I'll shoot the SKS... I'm suspecting a whole bunch LOL.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i do not see a problem. depends on the range i go to or if i go to a friends house. i can easily put a few hundred down range thru a few different guns or just a few rounds (100 or so) if its at a public range

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Depends on what skills you are working on and how long the session is. Close up multiple attacker drills will use more than working on your 50 yard marksmanship.

I commend you on keeping in practice and spending the $$ to be able to shoot real ammo. Just make sure each session has a purpose and a plan to increase that skill. Just throwing rounds down range (I see this a lot) will not make someone a better gunfighter any more than playing random notes makes them a better musician.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    For me, that would be a lot of ammo for one range trip. However, I fall under the category of more 'range trips, less ammo'. I usually try to get out to the range once a week and only shoot between 100-200 rounds of ammo each trip rather than stockpiling ammo and unleashing it all in one spectacularly long range trip once a month. That being said, if I had the money and the time I'd shoot that much ammo each week :D

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Out of a handgun, I usually don't burn more than 300 rounds or so. Out of the 6mm I can easily burn several hundred rounds, and the .22... well lets just say I like shooting my .22. Its very cheap to do and I love it.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    300 t0 600 per week.

I usually shoot 100-150 rounds per gun and usually bring 2 or 3 guns to the range.

This. And I try to make it to the range once during the week, usually Weds. evening and once or twice on the weekend. MCF&G is only two miles from here and I pass it on the way home from work. :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Weird question I suppose, but how much ammo do you usually burn on a trip to the range with a handgun? Only reason I ask is because I hit up the pop guns range today to get some more break in on the sr9c and had 3 different people comment on how much ammo I was throwing down range.

All these boxes are empty, and the sr9c ate every single round without issue. :D

gun2.png

The question is, after you shot thru all that ammo, did you at least hit the target?
    :D

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Im guessing you dont do that every week.

Ahh, good point. I've been getting out to shoot once every 2-3 weeks. I really wish I could get out once a week. I need to look into getting a membership somewhere!

Depends on what skills you are working on and how long the session is. Close up multiple attacker drills will use more than working on your 50 yard marksmanship.

I commend you on keeping in practice and spending the $$ to be able to shoot real ammo. Just make sure each session has a purpose and a plan to increase that skill. Just throwing rounds down range (I see this a lot) will not make someone a better gunfighter any more than playing random notes makes them a better musician.

Today, I mostly wanted to get to a point where I felt comfortable carrying this gun (as it will be my new carry). Yea, I'm always trying to hit what I'm aiming for. ;) I came to realize the gun shoots consistent groups 2 inches high. I was kicking myself the entire time for not bringing a small screwdriver with me to adjust the sight height. Live and learn. Will get it next time.

The question is, after you shot thru all that ammo, did you at least hit the target?
    :D

Sometimes :D. Although, a bystander might not realize it because I attempted to shot my LCP at the same distance as well.... yea, lots of fliers with that gun.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

gun2.png

Sometimes :D. Although, a bystander might not realize it because I attempted to shot my LCP at the same distance as well.... yea, lots of fliers with that gun.

I'd imagine... LCP shoots .380 so if you were shooting 9 out of it I'd imagine it wasn't shooting very well.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    well to kind of answer your question. We at Class 3 sales go by the saying an amiture practises till he gets it right a profesional practises till he cant get it wrong.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'd imagine... LCP shoots .380 so if you were shooting 9 out of it I'd imagine it wasn't shooting very well.

:laugh: Oh, that would have been a fun one to try.

Even though you're in purple.. I like pics so here... there are like 20 rnds left in that box... I just couldn't handle the embarrassment of it any longer.

gun3.png

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    We don't put more than 2 magazines each through our LCP. It's great for it's purpose, but it's not fun to shoot. Other than that, my wife and I probably shoot 50-100 each when we go shooting handguns.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yup, same as a bunch of the others. about ~150 per gun I take with me.

On an unrelated note, I think you were shooting next to me @ Pop's today. I think I was shooting on the lane to your right with a buddy of mine from work.

Top Bottom