• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    So I have decided I deserve/need/can justify a really high end AK in 7.62x39mm. I was thinking about finding a Vepr with a 20.5" barrel and converting it a bit for longer range shooting, but the long barrel versions are very hard to find. Atlantic has the shorter versions already converted for hi-cap mag use for a $grand$. Do you all think there would be much difference at say 300 yards with a scope?

Now what really caught my eye was the Krebs AK103K-S. Based on the SLR-107fr, the barrel is cut to 14.5" with a permanent break and worked over by Krebs. I really like the shorter length and the added cost over a base slr seems worth it.

https://www.coppercustom.com/shop/krebs-custom/krebs-ak103k-s/

And to gild the lily, there is the Krebs KV-13, 16" rifle. This has everything you could want and as a bonus started out as a Vepr rifle.

https://www.coppercustom.com/shop/krebs-custom/kv-13-7-62x39-16-barrel/

So does anyone (clay, vitamin, triggertime, etc) have experience with these high end beauties? I will admit, any of these are far superior to the use I will put them to.
    I don't know AKs at all but I thought polytechs were the high end stuff...?

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Did someone say VEPR? It's not a 7.62x39 but I love this rifle.

attachment.php

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Those x54r rifles are awesome. I don't shoot that caliber, resisted getting into mosins, but tjose loooong barreled Veprs are hot and tempting.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    "High-end AK" is an oxymoron, right... Just kidding. I have a SAR-1 and I like it. It's a beater though, but I'd take an Arsenal, Krebs, or Hungarian any day. I consider those high end.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't know near as much about aks as I would like to. So I am subbed in so I may learn a little more... But Rifle Dynamics aks I think are sweet! I feel about the way Clay does about how it's a little high for it being put together from a kit however I still think they are pretty fantastic rifles all things aside.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Great thing about VEPRs..... they are still importing them.

Don't ask me how or why, but word is coming down from Wolf (who imports the Veprs) they they can still bring them in.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    And here I thought this thread was about High-End AKs. Here are mine:

1. Valmet M76 .223 tube folder with Beer Keg stamp unfired with box
    2. Valmet M76 .308 milled tube folder - one of 50 or so imported.
    3. Galil Action Arms import Model 329 - Fabian Brother Muzzle Break (I have original)

I realize OP is talking 7.62x39 but my girls needed to get out and get some fresh air.

Last edited:

ewizzire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    Beautiful Valmets. I Krebs are nice if you are into the styling. They are also made from solid platforms. I would have to say for a little more coin you can get a Rifle Dynamics AK built however you want that will be second to none. They tend to take a few months on turnaround whereas you can find a krebs in stock most likely

Top Bottom