• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Absolutely. I interviewed a realtor who brought her 10 year old child along. I could tell she was cautious and apprehensive. I gathered she was not carrying, but it's always possible she had a firearm in her purse or something. As much as I wanted to discuss it, that point in time wasn't best.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Honestly if I was buying or selling a house and it came down to two potential realtors, one that carried and one that didn't, I'd probably hire the one that did.

I have a house on the market now and I've already moved out to make it easier to show to buyers. I advised my agent that I would be carrying when I stopped by to check on the house and suggested she should consider getting her LTCH too. My house is not in the best neighborhood and she told me she is in empty properties alone all the time.

If I was in the real estate business I sure as heck would be carrying.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My son and I took the NRA basic handgun course today so I can get a Florida non-res permit, and there was a very nice lady taking the course who was a realtor......she told some pretty scary stories of showing houses.......I would NOT allow one of my loved ones to do that job UNLESS they were carrying.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It would not matter to me one way or the other but I just want to give a vote of confidence to Realtors carrying.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And somebody must have fire-missioned it, because the ayes are down to 61%.

After the Realtor in Arkansas was murdered, you'd think Realtor safety would be at the forefront. And for sure, the national organization made a great show of lip service. Ironically enough, the same month she went missing is traditionally NAR's Realtor Safety Month. In the 12 years I have been licensed and a member of NAR, they have never officially mentioned firearms as an option for safety/self defense.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have CC for many years, I know other agents that do as well.

I have gone into vacant homes that had evidence of vagrants living there, many without power.
    Been around dogs (got bit once).
    Thought I was going to get bit again last week & was reaching for my pocket hardware when it backed off.

It is something I don't advertise to those who don't know me. Dealing with the public there are many who are uncomfortable with firearms & it is my job to represent them in the purchase or sale of real estate, not to get into politics or differences of opinions.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm

After the Realtor in Arkansas was murdered, you'd think Realtor safety would be at the forefront. And for sure, the national organization made a great show of lip service. Ironically enough, the same month she went missing is traditionally NAR's Realtor Safety Month. In the 12 years I have been licensed and a member of NAR, they have never officially mentioned firearms as an option for safety/self defense.

Back up to 76%.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County

NAR even IAR has a lot of liberal policies that they promote, I am sure they consider them "socially progressive" & gun rights don't fit into that category.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Not a big deal if my realtor carries or not, since I carry. In fact, with some of the places we've gone to look at investment properties, my realtor appreciates the fact that I carry.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My daughter was victimized while hosting an open house as a realtor. Sitting around in an empty house, unarmed, is dangerous, especially for a young, very small girl.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I think of agent safety from the position of a managing Broker who has at times been responsible for as many as 15 agents. I use the word RESPONSIBLE very intentionally.
    I (like all managing brokers) have lost sleep over foolish actions that could cost me a lot of money but I will say without a doubt something happening to one of "my" agents is what really raises my blood pressure. I started with a major brokerage that had the generic "No Weapons" policies written by nervous litigation adverse wussys, When I founded my company I omitted all that foolishness and look at it like this ....trustworthy people are trustworthy. If I cant trust you with a gun I probably cant trust you with the responsibilities required of a quality Realtor. We as adults (Realtors or otherwise) must make the personal choices as to how we wish to protect ourselves and others.
    I preach situational awareness and trusting your gut to avoid bad situations......but should the bad situation find you... well maybe working for a grumpy broker who schedules the occasional range day on the agent "lunch and learn" calendar isn't the worst thing.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    NAR even IAR has a lot of liberal policies that they promote, I am sure they consider them "socially progressive" & gun rights don't fit into that category.
    Tru date. I wouldn't be a member if it wasn't suicide from a career standpoint. I particularly dislike the assumptive "voluntary" contribution to RPAC on dues every year.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Most polls suck...too slanted.
    I've have relatives that have been realtors, they both carried. Both had to pull the weapon more then once to stop an idiot "potential client".
    Especially a female agent, always carry and never tell. Hit the range once in a while. Get some self defense training. IMHO.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom