• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Interesting.

The link to the Brady campaign "We are better than this" is interesting... I pretty much carry guns because "Some of us arent".

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Ah, sarcasm.... It's like a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately, many people will fail to see the purple print. I bet this link gets reported on INGO later today by a well meaning 2A patriot who is furious that Reason prints this garbage and calls for a boycott. I bet the article has already been reprinted by the Brady Campaign and made into handbills for rapid dissemination.

At any rate, thanks for posting Kirk. It's funny because it's true. Or rather, will become true.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's really ironic that a magazine called "Reason" would publish an article like this. The argument is simply unreasonable. The author, Jacob Sullum, is not only an enemy of the Second Amendment, he's an enemy of the First. In the United States, we have unalienable rights, and among those rights are the right to bear arms and the rights to free speech, press, and assembly. One's rights under the Second Amendment are unwavering, and should never be based on your beliefs and activities under the First--despite how unpopular and repugnant they are. Beliefs do not necessarily dictate actions. To deny one his rights based on his "dangerous ideology" equates to punishing him before a crime is committed. It is very similar to a bill of attainder, and violates the core beliefs upon which Constitution is based.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    In every successful (and funny) satire there is an element of truthfulness.

I have participated in gun control debates three or four threads a week for over 15 years on the web, and I can honestly say that sooner or later in almost every thread an anti-gun person who is losing the general argument starts in with a new argument that someone with my views is proving that not everyone should have guns.

It is as predictable as the sunrise and set.

Top Bottom