Recipes for Poor Single People(guys) (Post them here!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Country style pork ribs. One can of Coke and a cup or so of ketchup. Coke on low heat. May need to add a little more ketchup if cooked to long. And with everything I cook throw the salt to it.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Heart unhealthy Chicken dinner

Take one pound of BACON and fry it up like you like it, remove from pan but leave the drippings. Take a couple of pounds of chicken breast and cube up in bite size pieces, fry up in the bacon grease, it's really strange but the bacon grease will disappear! Now take the bacon, which hopefully you haven't eaten it all, and chop up and add back into the pan and stir. Everything heated back up remove from stove top with shredded cheddar cheese and serve... Will probably shorten your lifespan but man is it good...

I do something similar to this accept I after I fry the bacon, i take the whole chicken breast (seasoned with cajun spices or Mesquite spices when I do it, you can do what you like) And basically pan sear it. Drop it in, flip it, take it out, set on broil pan.. Repeat for as many chicken breasts as you have. Usually a pound of bacon makes about 3 large/4 average breasts before the grease disappears. Place chicken in broiler on low for approximately 6 mins or until meat is done. It will be juicy!! Remove, and add cheese, I prefer provolone or Mozzarella, and bacon strips. Place on plate, between bread/bagel/bun as you see fit. Can also be served over mashed potatoes in the event of a date to give extra presentation points, but if doing so, should also have an alternate side, other than bacon. Its simply for appearances sake.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Stove top stuffing, chicken, cream of mushroom or chicken.

Pre cook the chicken, place in baking dish on top of stuffing (that you added the hot water to) cover with soup, bake at 350 for thirty minutes.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The best free food is always at Mom's house!

On a side note (and I'm not condoning this) I once survived for nearly three weeks on nothing more than day old donuts (50 cents/dozen at the grocery store at the time),water and free coffee at work.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    In a microwave-safe bowl put 1 cup of water and 6 sliced up Smokie links. Add a few shots of Tabasco (about a tablespoon) and a couple tablespoons of sugar. Heat in the microwave to a rolling boil and add a cup of Minute Rice, about a dozen pickled jalopeno slices, and if desired, a sprinkling of dill weed. Cover and let the rice absorb the wet mixture. This is sweet and spicy, as good as it gets.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If you want something along the Italian lines, here's a DIY hamburger helper like meal.

This recipe is for 4, but cut in half for 2 and either eat like a king, or have some great left overs the next day.

• Lightly Brown 1lb ground beef in a large skillet(don't cook it all the way, just to a nice medium rare)
    • Drain beef (if you want to) and put back into the original skillet
    • Add 1 can of tomato sauce
    • Add appropriate amount of favorite noodles (works with macaroni, spaghetti, just about any noodle) - my favorite is manicotti and about 3 cups
    • Add appropriate amount of water to boil the noodes, usually about 1 cup water for 1 cup noodle
    • Bring beef, tomato sauce, and noodles to a rolling boil in the skillet
    • Once boiling, cut heat until boiling is just maintained
    • Add appropriate Italian seasoning to taste
    • Cook for 7-8 minutes, or until the water is boiled off.
    • Once everything has thickened up, add as much shredded cheese as you desire.
    • Cover for a minute or two to melt the cheese, then serve hot
    Goes great with Texast toast, garlic bread, etc. When I was single I'd do 1/2 lb of beef. Now that I'm married with child, we do a full pound, and usually end up with about 2 servings left. It reheats very well and keeps the flavor. Add a little water before you nuke it, and then some more cheese and it tastes just like you made it fresh.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    the kroger by me has 10# boxes of ribs for $20 right now... $2/# is pretty good for ribs.

just saying, check your kroger. just make sure you get the right bar code. I accidentally got the box with the bar code for the pallet of ribs. it rang up like $300 for a box up with ribs... :n00b:

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Salt and pepper on boneless chicken breast in the oven until cooked through.....
    Slice chicken into small strips
    put a thin layer of ceasar dressing on a flour tortilla
    spread romaine lettuce across tortilla
    add chicken and any kinf of shredded chesse you have

chicken ceasar wraps are packed with protein and food calories.....
    fairly cheap and easy to make

If you make enough chicken then you can microwave the leftover chicken and eat for at least a week on the tortillas that come in a pack.....

gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Brown 1lb hamburger
    Cook the shells in a box of Kraft Shells and Cheese
    After hamburger is browned add the cheese packet and stir
    Add about a half jar of salsa and stir
    Add some of the cooked shells (definitely NOT all) and stir
    Eat with tortilla chips or crumble some in and eat

mmm good

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    1. Cut potatoes into small cubes
    2. Chop some sausage or brats, garlic, onions, carrots, and any other vegetable you might want to add
    3. Put some olive oil in a pan, but not too much; you're not deep frying, just enough for the ingredients not to stick to the pan
    4. Add ingredients and cook at medium heat, stirring occasionally
    5. When the potatoes brown and soften, remove from fire and enjoy for many meals
    Caveat: Onions and garlic cook really quick, so if you find that they are burning while the potatoes cook, add them half-way through the cooking process.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    the kroger by me has 10# boxes of ribs for $20 right now... $2/# is pretty good for ribs.

just saying, check your kroger. just make sure you get the right bar code. I accidentally got the box with the bar code for the pallet of ribs. it rang up like $300 for a box up with ribs... :n00b:

Pork ribs? Spare or babyback?

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    South Side Sandwich - take a piece of bread, fold it in half and enjoy. If it's a pay week, you can always add a layer of Peanut butter or a slice of bologna.

Top Bottom