• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    IC 35-47-2-3 (2019)

Anyone who is an illicit drug user is, under federal statute, not a "proper person" under Indiana statute. Therefore, any license issued to an illicit drug user is invalidated by the illicit drug use.

So, if you want to argue that he is merely a drug dealer/distributor, and not a user? Okay, sure; I'll concede that.

Well, you first said that he was not a proper person because he was involved in illicit drug activity. Now you change that to being a drug user.

I don't really like rolling goalposts, so I'm out.

:)

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I don't really care about dope cases and realize a lot of places are going away from No Knocks over them, but I wonder why the narrative of "botched raid" and "wrong address" narratives remain alive and well despite the female occupant taking deliveries of drugs and the investigation knowing that.

Maybe I should make a video in uniform and on duty about something I'm not doing anyway and make a half million. I just have to get a ball cap to wear backwards so when I rap the kids can relate, amiright fellow youths?

:rockwoot:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well, you first said that he was not a proper person because he was involved in illicit drug activity. Now you change that to being a drug user.

I don't really like rolling goalposts, so I'm out.

:)

That's why I conceded the point... I didn't want to be guilty of exactly that, and don't have the energy or desire to argue for argument's sake (even though this is INGO).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well one thing that’s not false is that someone is dead because of high speed military like tactics used on civilians to help the odds of a conviction. I think most of us value life more than that even an accomplice to drug dealing.

How many deaths do you suppose result from drug dealing and drug use? How many murders are over who gets to deal drugs in a given area? How many overdose deaths from illegal drugs?

How does that square with "we value life more than that" and how sympathetic we should be toward those involved in the trade and how much we value a conviction of those in that trade?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm speaking from the perspective of rights and constitutional protection of rights. Until he is adjudicated as a criminal through due process, he enjoys the constitutional protection of presumption of innocence.

Even people who are up to no good, and know that they are up to no good, enjoy constitutional protection of rights.

I think we're saying the same thing wrt the license. When I said "valid", I was referring to it being held by someone who is still eligible to hold the license. So, if he were involved in illicit drug activity, he would no longer be a "proper person" (in Indiana statutory language) and his license would be inherently invalid.

I don't know which one you're saying or what you think, but I suspect we weren't saying the same thing.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Story.jpg

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-taylors-boyfriend-kenneth-walker/5246048002/

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The older I get the more I think drugs should either be legalized or drug dealers should all be hung publicly from street lamps.

Indiucky will say that's because Colt people carry guns and ropes, but I don't see an end to the war.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I read it until it quoted the Louisville courier urinal. Any article that wants to be taken seriously would steer clear of that agenda driven fish wrap. Sick of the liberal media bull****, to the point of not even giving a flying **** anymore. Don’t care about the who what when why and where, and definitely don’t want to hear about how they were a new parent, and just enrolled in college, turning their lives around.

you lay down with dogs, you just might get fleas.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    How many deaths do you suppose result from drug dealing and drug use? How many murders are over who gets to deal drugs in a given area? How many overdose deaths from illegal drugs?

How does that square with "we value life more than that" and how sympathetic we should be toward those involved in the trade and how much we value a conviction of those in that trade?
    I get your point and I’m certain it’s frustrating to the men and women doing their best to keep us safe. That said kicking in my door at 3am and shooting my dog will get you shot and me killed and all because there is suspicious activity at my house? I am not a criminal and in my mind no one is until they are convicted.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    It kinda seems like SWAT teams are a hammer. And every drug problem starts to look like a nail to the folks in charge. Definitely seems like a problem when there's situations like this where they're shooting unarmed, not guilty sleeping women!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I read it until it quoted the Louisville courier urinal. Any article that wants to be taken seriously would steer clear of that agenda driven fish wrap. Sick of the liberal media bull****, to the point of not even giving a flying **** anymore. Don’t care about the who what when why and where, and definitely don’t want to hear about how they were a new parent, and just enrolled in college, turning their lives around.

you lay down with dogs, you just might get fleas.

Translation: I hate that everyone doesn't think like I do, so I don't care if the police kick down their door in the middle of the night and kill them while they sleep. Because fleas or something.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yep, pretty much nailed it. I’m detached.

Pathetic and sad. People who cheer the police having the power to kick in doors on no-knock warrants never consider the fact that they may be next. All it takes is a typo or a false report. Or a red flag.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Pathetic and sad. People who cheer the police having the power to kick in doors on no-knock warrants never consider the fact that they may be next. All it takes is a typo or a false report. Or a red flag.

I won't be next. Neither will you. Well, maybe you. I don't know if you're having drugs delivered to your residence or not. But to say "all it takes is..." and you're wrong on all three.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I won't be next. Neither will you. Well, maybe you. I don't know if you're having drugs delivered to your residence or not. But to say "all it takes is..." and you're wrong on all three.

Maybe here. You gonna vouch for all of the podunk PD's out there? Seems like "wrong house" has happened on more than one occasion.

But you're right, it's extremely unlikely to happen to me. I don't live in that kind of neighborhood, and I'll get my intoxicants and narcotics through nice and legal liquor stores and pharmacies if I feel that I need them.

Top Bottom