• Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    1300lbs sold.

I have @400lbs left of reclaimed lead shot - mix of 7.5,8, and 9 in bottles for sale. It needs to be cleaned and re-graphited. $0.79/lb cash only. I have found next to zero steel in this batch.

Located at our warehouse, can bring to the shop if you wish or meet NW side of Indy.

Again - this needs to be cleaned. I can provide powdered graphite for free. Details on how to process reclaimed lead shot are on Youtube. It's not difficult, and it certainly doesn't cost anywhere NEAR new.

25ujeok.jpg

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have @1700lbs of reclaimed lead shot - mix of 7.5,8, and 9 in bottles for sale. It needs to be cleaned and re-graphited. $0.79/lb cash only. I have found next to zero steel in this batch.

Located at our warehouse, can bring to the shop if you wish or meet NW side of Indy.

Again - this needs to be cleaned. I can provide powdered graphite for free. Details on how to process reclaimed lead shot are on Youtube. It's not difficult, and it certainly doesn't cost anywhere NEAR new.

25ujeok.jpg

Would this be economically feasible to smelt down to cast new bullets, or is shot a different mixture of lead/alloys?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Would this be economically feasible to smelt down to cast new bullets, or is shot a different mixture of lead/alloys?

It would be very hard, make a good bone crushing non deforming SWC or nice hard rifle bullets. If someone has a supply of soft lead like roofing jacks or stick on wheel weights, it would mix well to stretch your supply. That is a great price just for the lead to melt down and cast into bullets. If someone reloads shotgun shells, it is an exceptional price.

Top Bottom