• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Before I sign, I would like a report back about how successful all the other petition campaigns posted here have been.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Before I sign, I would like a report back about how successful all the other petition campaigns posted here have been.

Isn't it true that signing a petition takes less effort than other forms of activism, like writing letters to politicians or joining (using money) organizations that could advance your interests?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Isn't it true that signing a petition takes less effort than other forms of activism, like writing letters to politicians or joining (using money) organizations that could advance your interests?

Isn't it true that you can do multiple of those options?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Look, as to this petition in particular, if it makes anyone feel better to sign it, have at it. I don't see that even if they get 200,000,000 signatures it will change anything.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just curious: has anyone tried reaching out to an actual human being responsible for creating and/or maintaining the whitehouse.gov website content?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Just curious: has anyone tried reaching out to an actual human being responsible for creating and/or maintaining the whitehouse.gov website content?

I would love to. But where would you even find that information? Many major web sites don't identify who is directly responsible for particular content and as far as I can tell, whitehouse.gov works that way. I did send a message "to the President" via whitehouse.gov requesting a review and change of the text.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I would love to. But where would you even find that information? Many major web sites don't identify who is directly responsible for particular content and as far as I can tell, whitehouse.gov works that way. I did send a message "to the President" via whitehouse.gov requesting a review and change of the text.

I might have to do some digging, and see what I can find.

Top Bottom