• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am looking to buy a .22LR handgun. I am trying to get my wife into shooting, but I would like to shoot with it as well. She shot one of my friends Walther P22 & like it a lot. I thought about buying that for her, but then when I got to looking I was kinda of wanting something that would be more of a target gun as well. What do you guys thing would be a good light gun that would be target worthy? I like the Browning Buck Mark, but she thinks that it might be to big & heavy. Any help would be appreciated.

MadCity Hoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Greencastle
    I've got 2 Browning Buckmarks, and I can't imagine owning another brand of pistol. My dad also has a S&W .22lr revolver which is a pleasure to shoot, but the Buckmarks are my favorites. One is a 7.25 inch Contour model. It's a bit heavy, but is really accurate and the extra barrel length gives a small boost to velocity. The other is a Lite 5.5 model, and it is a real jem. It's plenty accurate, and is lightning fast to point and move from target to target.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've got 2 Browning Buckmarks, and I can't imagine owning another brand of pistol. My dad also has a S&W .22lr revolver which is a pleasure to shoot, but the Buckmarks are my favorites. One is a 7.25 inch Contour model. It's a bit heavy, but is really accurate and the extra barrel length gives a small boost to velocity. The other is a Lite 5.5 model, and it is a real jem. It's plenty accurate, and is lightning fast to point and move from target to target.

:yesway: Or split the difference and get a Buckmark Camper.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    First of all, if your wife wants to shoot, shouldn't you take her to a shop or gun show and let her pick up the different types and models to see which ones she is comfortable holding? Then after owning and shooting the one you both can live with, you might want to get a different model just for you....Then you have 2, and a choice...John

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Target gun yes but it is not a good plinking gun at all as it needs to have standard velocity ammo.
    Get yourself a ruger or a buckmark and later on if you get serious about bullseye then get the Model41. :twocents:

uhhh, If you 'll spend $20 and get a calibration pak of springs from Wolff, you can shoot anything short of Stingers in your model 41.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My P22 is pretty accurate, and fairly light if that is an issue for her. It is also one of the cheaper quality guns you can buy. My go to .22 target is my S&W Model 41, but those are expensive. My Colt ACE is right there too. The Ruger and Browning Buckmark would be my recommendation. The Ruger has a ton of aftermarket parts available and will probably last a lifetime for ya. :twocents:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    A Ruger or Buckmark are great guns but a little heavy for a lady (maybe,jmo) although the 22/45 does have a smaller grip. A P22 is not really a 'target" gun but would be lighter. If you could find a S&W 422/622 it may be perfect for her.I would agree to take her to some shops and have her handle some pistols to see what she thinks.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    uhhh, If you 'll spend $20 and get a calibration pak of springs from Wolff, you can shoot anything short of Stingers in your model 41.

That is great information there Jay! I just bought a calibration pak for my 45 from them this last week. I did not see the pak for the model 41 but I wasn't looking for it either. Thank you Sir. :yesway:

Top Bottom