• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011

Take a look at Stark. I just put this on my new hot-rod AR build. Thetrigger guard is molded into the grip as one piece. The grip itself is gives positivecontrol, without being abrasive and the molded guard eliminates the edges andgap that cut into your middle finger on a typical setup.

-Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I love the newer Magpul MOE plus grip.

Seconded. There is a reason that MagPul has grown to be so popular...

They are like a Mac... "it just works!"

That said, it would probably be easiest if you just went to a local gun show and tried everything there. There will be plenty with each type of grip that you will likely be able to handle.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I am a Magpul MIAD fan.
    +1
    Another option would be to make your own custom one. Take a standard grip, grind the front strap to your liking if necessary, get a couple cans of Dip It(normally used to coat tool handles). I use a 30 caliber brush pushed partially through the bolt hole to hold the grip and then fill the cavity with newspaper or something. Slowly dip the grip and remove, trying not to introduce any air bubbles. Allow to dry and repeat as necessary. Once the grip is at the size that you like cut a hole to access the cavity and remove the newspaper. Once it's completed, I normally add grip tape to it.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I want to add to my statement....I wont buy anything other than a Hogue simply because it fits my hand perfect and i love the rubber grip. I have tried others and while they are not bad grips at all, I just liked the Hogue MUCH better. You never know, there may be a grip that comes out in the next couple years that i like better....but i doubt it and it would have to be one heck of a grip to beat out Hogue.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I have the MOE+ on my AR and it is hands down the best of the few that i've tried. I liked the ERGO grip the second best if that matters.

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    I had the Hogue grip and it was great except it was too small for my gorilla fingered hands! I went to a Magpul MOE grip and the size and length to the trigger are just right. Probably as good as can be expected from a non-adjustable grip!

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    on my tacticool gun i like the magpul thingo that lets me stuff batteries into it.. MIAD grip maybe its called? half a dozen coin cells for my optic and a couple CR123s for my light. comfy? better than A2 grip. functional? hell yes.

comfy? Hogue all the way.

Top Bottom