• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm at the point in my life that when I buy something, I want it to be the last one I buy. I don't really care where it's made, I just don't want it to be of the quality that looks like it was fabricated with a hammer and chisel. Most importantly, I want it to work. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of item I want, it's nearly impossible to find a good quality one.

I've had a couple cheapo staplers and I'm going to buy 1 more stapler. Walmart carries cheapos I'm sure for under $10. I don't care if I have to spend $30-40, I want a good quality stapler. So what do you guys recommend?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/El-Casco-Chrome-Stapler-M-15CT/dp/B000VC6Y20/ref=sr_1_262?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1356807903&sr=1-262"]Amazon.com: El Casco Large Chrome Stapler M-15CT: Office Products[/ame]

elc.M15L.jpg

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Red swingline, because it never failed Milton Waddams.

ThinkGeek :: The Red Swingline Stapler

In all seriousness, I can't attest to the quality of their products today. However I have a black swingline office model that my grandfather bought. In the 1960s. I don't know if they still are, but they used to be made in a plant in Queens. If (really when, it's still mechanical) my granddad's stapler busts I'd probably buy another. Of course, I'd probably also be let down since quality no longer seems to exist.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Red swingline, because it never failed Milton Waddams.

ThinkGeek :: The Red Swingline Stapler

In all seriousness, I can't attest to the quality of their products today. However I have a black swingline office model that my grandfather bought. In the 1960s. I don't know if they still are, but they used to be made in a plant in Queens. If (really when, it's still mechanical) my granddad's stapler busts I'd probably buy another. Of course, I'd probably also be let down since quality no longer seems to exist.

I remember the swing line talk from Office Space. I too wonder about current quality from Swingline. It seems like many of the great companies of old have gone down hill in the quality department.

smknabel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Vincennes
    We have a red and grey Swingline. It's mostly plastic and metal. It's wasn't a super expensive stapler, but we don't do any industrial stapling. It's lasted us about 8-10 years doing just general household use though college and my wife's teaching. We took care of it, and it looks as good as the day we bought it. Couldn't be happier.

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    I bought an all metal swingline (black not red) from walmart last year ... it's a nice heavy stapler and it only cost like $18 or so.

Top Bottom