• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all -
    I'm on a budget and I'm looking for a light for my nightstand gun (Glock 34).
    Any recommendations for a weapon-mounted light at/under $100? If there is a good, affordable option closer to $60-70, that's even better.

Thanks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Streamlight TLR-1 w/o strobe for $110.

OfficerStore - Streamlight: TLR-1s, Rail-Mounted C4 LED Weapon Light

Same for $106, free shipping:
    Amazon.com: Streamlight TLR-1 LED Rail Mounted: Sports & Outdoors

Streamlight is well known, and makes a quality light that's very durable. Streamlight also has a lifetime warranty. I used it once on a rechargeable flashlight were the end cap was having issues, they replaced it at no charge and the customer service was friendly and quick. I highly recommend their products.

vstrom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Elkhart
    I have a TLR-3 hanging off the front of my P220 nightstand gun. Several hundred rounds with the light mounted, still holding up.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The most RELIABLE weapon light around $100 is Streamlight.

That's the ONLY one I'll ever recommend in that price range.

The BEST light is Surefire.

sbond

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Franklin
    Just bought one one from LA Police Gear $34.95 w/strobe. Nice light no complaints same deal for the bedroom gun.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood

Streamlight is well known, and makes a quality light that's very durable. Streamlight also has a lifetime warranty. I used it once on a rechargeable flashlight were the end cap was having issues, they replaced it at no charge and the customer service was friendly and quick. I highly recommend their products.

THIS

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Hate to say it... but I've had good experiences with those cheap ebay chinese lights as well.

I'm sure Surefire makes a great light... but at 20 times the cost, I lose stuff too often to justify it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You can't beat a streamlight TLR-3.

Though the new TLR-4 looks awfully nifty, but then again, the TLR-3 was able to be had for $60-70 at a point in time.

If you plan to ever have it on a rifle or shotgun, which you will eventually do, you will have wished you bought a TLR1. Just depends on whether you'd swap it between guns, or have it dedicated. For a dedicated handgun only light, the TLR-3 would be my top choice since it adds the least weight and in the 2 years I've had mine I haven't managed to break it.

Don't get too hung up on lumens, most companies claiming these massive lumen counts that are triple digits for a tiny light are BSing you to a great degree.
    That TLR3 at 90 lumens is brighter than my 4sevens quark 123x2 XML at 360 lumens. The TLR3 is much more of a solid beam though, which may be why that 90 lumens seems like a whole lot more than it really is.

Last edited:

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Don't get too hung up on lumens, most companies claiming these massive lumen counts that are triple digits for a tiny light are BSing you to a great degree.
    That TLR3 at 90 lumens is brighter than my 4sevens quark 123x2 XML at 360 lumens. The TLR3 is much more of a solid beam though, which may be why that 90 lumens seems like a whole lot more than it really is.

You have to keep in mind that the quark has XML LED which is a very wide beam. Take both lights out at night and you will see that the quark puts out more light than the tlr3.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012

The amazon link says 127 not 106.

Jvernon

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a TLR-1s on my G34. Probably put 100 rounds though it will no problems and it did not loosen up. It's the perfect length for a G34. It does not stick out past the barrel so no powder on the lense. I also bought a red filter for it.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have a Nebo PROTEC Elite HP190 that I picked up at Wallyworld for $40 on my G34. Plenty bright (190 lumens, and noticeably brighter than my 130 lumen Streamlight PolyTac) and it has a strobe function if you are into that. It hasn't crapped out yet after about 6 months and it has survived several mags of +p ammo as well. Until it does go south, I highly recommend it for the price.

Top Bottom