Recommend me a backpack that's not a piece of CRAP!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cmustang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Indy
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! I think I'm gonna try the spec ops bag since it's gotten great reviews some recommendations on here, mad the right size and price range. Thanks again...!

OIIIIIO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    I've been carrying a Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II everyday for the last 7 years and it is holding up great. We also have an Osprey pack and it is a nice bag also.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I've never had any issues with my ilbe pack. Did two tours back to back, many humps, and go knows how many pounds in it at one time.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I've got an Oakley AP pack and it's awesome, tons of room, little pockets here and there, and nice heavy material.

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    You put a lot of things on your wanted list, so I just put down a little bit of everything.

I've had the S.O.C. I don't like the zippers but it is a solid pack and I know personally it can carry as much weight as you want to put in it. Just isn't for for me.

I use a MOJO aid bag a lot for things. It's solid. I like having the velcro inside and it being so modular. I can keep certain things in the small zippered pockets, everything is easy to get to. Highly recomend but have no idea where you could get one. Got mine from a medic buddy.

I also have Osprey Aether. Haven't used it as much as I would like but it's been great so far. sits really well, super comfortable. I have the big 70L Highly recommend

I have a 35L Patagonia pack. It's my favorite and by far the most used. I've carried this pack every day for the last 2 years. I use the hydration sleeve as a laptop compartment. It's a simple pack not a lot cool stuff to it but I like simple and I love the zipper and zipper pulls. It's practically waterproof. I commute sometimes on a motorcycle and rain has never bothered it. Color hasn't faded. Showing a little wear but nothing compared to the abuse i've put it through.

pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    Nutnfancy recommends the Kelty 3500. A simple pack that has the bare escentials and also a clean non branch snagging design.

jaschutz79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    If you are truly want a pack that can last while carrying 50-60lbs...save your pennies and get a Mystery ranch or Kifaru. Did a 8 day hike in Colorado Elk hunt with 70lbs. No issues through some of the toughest conditions I've every been in. Your back and legs will thank you. It was a Nice 6500 btw.

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I would just go for a USGI surplus pack. It's good enough for the military, cheaper than commercial, designed to take abuse and can be had on Fleabay for less than $100.
    You can either get a 3 day pack or the full size pack and sometimes even get both for $100 or under . I've got a set that "like new" and paid $85.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I use a MOJO aid bag a lot for things. It's solid. I like having the velcro inside and it being so modular. I can keep certain things in the small zippered pockets, everything is easy to get to. Highly recomend but have no idea where you could get one. Got mine from a medic buddy.

I have the Army version of the MOJO known as the Combat Lifesaver Pack. It's for sale BTW. :)
    CLS3_zps8d3402d5.jpg

CLS4_zps57ee6504.jpg

Top Bottom