• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elevin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2013
    Martinsville
    I have to agree, and say KA-BAR...the weight isn't terrible and it's designed to take ANYTHING you can throw at it. Chances are, it will outlast most of us. I like the look of esee knives, but have a hard time spending that kind of money on one.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I have to agree, and say KA-BAR...the weight isn't terrible and it's designed to take ANYTHING you can throw at it. Chances are, it will outlast most of us. I like the look of esee knives, but have a hard time spending that kind of money on one.

Unfortunately most kbars aren't built like they use to be and the warranty isn't that great either. don't get me wrong it's not a bad knife at all but there is definitely much better out there. Esee knives are much better.

A knife is a tool you will use a lot so imo there is absolutely no reason to go cheap on it. you will use a knife in shtf and real life probably 100 times more than a gun or any other cool have to have thing. Now I'm not saying you need to spend 1000 dollars on a knife but 100 bucks for a solid well made tool is very reasonable imo!

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I was looking at the Esee LS (Laser Strike) for camping. It seemed well suited to typical camping applications. Not quite ready to purchase but it is definitely on the short list.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I’m not a knife connoisseur and have honestly never really paid much attention to what makes a knife a good knife until recently. Anyone have experience with Condor knives? They look pretty robust and are pretty darn cheap. Any other suggestions?

I'm not a connoisseur either. But I do have both a Condor Lochnessmuk and a Pack Golok. I hven't had them in the bush yet, bit I've used them around my property. They both make short work of 1"+ saplings. I have no doubt they would deal nicely with bigger stuff as well. Don't let the low price fool you.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Condor makes some pretty solid blades and sheaths for very reasonable prices. Fit and finish isn't the best but for the price it's hard to complain. I also think most of them come a bit dull but with a little time they are very solid for the money. I love their machetes.

Top Bottom