• ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Buy once, cry once...

In regards to the Aimpoint M4 and the M4S, I can tell you for a fact that they can handle the most abuse of any of the RDS (Red Dot Sights) I have seen on a Battle Field. I can tell you for a fact there is also none closer on battery life out there either...

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have been looking at getting a new optic for my AR (to replace my EoTech) and I am def leaning towards an aimpoint. I am looking at the Aimpoint CompmL3. Seems like a happy medium on battery life and price. I just cant see me ever being able to save up the money for a compm4.

On a side note, I bought an iTac RDS1 from botach that I have been thinking about mounting on an aimpoint riser to co-witness with irons and use on my AR.
    Price on that was cheap and it is small.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have been looking at getting a new optic for my AR (to replace my EoTech) and I am def leaning towards an aimpoint. I am looking at the Aimpoint CompmL3. Seems like a happy medium on battery life and price. I just cant see me ever being able to save up the money for a compm4.

On a side note, I bought an iTac RDS1 from botach that I have been thinking about mounting on an aimpoint riser to co-witness with irons and use on my AR.
    Price on that was cheap and it is small.

What don't like you like about your eotech compared to the aimpoint?

To the OP, I bought one of the bushnell trophy MP red dots (acog wanna be red dot) and I put it on my AR carbine. I didn't like the way the front sight post and red dot looked together. Maybe you have an AR without the front sight post, and maybe that's something you won't mind, but it's something to consider.

slowmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indy area
    I would ask you the question "What do want to use it for?" I am surprised this hasn't been asked yet. Cheaper scopes/red dots are ok for the range gun or plinker, but I would rather trust my life to the battle tested Aimpoint over the cheaper alternative. If you are looking for something to go on a range gun or decide to go a cheaper route, check out Primary Arms red dots here - Red Dot Sights I don't currently own one, but they get excellent reviews as far as budget red dots go.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

OK so now I have a bit more time to reply properly.

OP-- what kind of rifle is this going on? How do you currently have it set up? What do you use this rifle for? What is your budget?

Keep in mind, with that red dot you linked, that while it has a body similar to that of an ACOG, it has no magnification and only projects a simple red dot, similar to an Aimpoint. Because that is the case, I see that big ol' honkin' thing as unnecessarily big and heavy.

If you're just looking for a simple red dot on the cheap, I'd recommend taking a look at the lightweight options from Primary Arms. I have one of their Micro knockoffs and it works like a dream for plinking and general shooting.

Red Dot Sights

OTOH, if you're looking for something to mount on a "serious" gun, I'd give a hard look at the Aimpoint H1 in a LaRue mount. I'd even recommend it to the bigger, heavier, and more expensive Aimpoint M4.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Buy once, cry once. Definitely.

Aimpoint if you like batteries, ACOG if you don't trust anything with batteries. If you're on a budget or just plinking and don't plan on trusting your life to whether the sight works or not it doesn't matter what you buy.

A used bushnell holosight(made by Eotech) is a reasonable compromise for not too much money.

savage 1212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    NE Indiana
    The Bushnell Holosight would be a good alternative if you can find one. I had one mounted on my Bushmaster carbine until I upgraded to an Eotech 512 with GGG covers and quick release mount.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

I have that exact one. its awesome, if you are thinking about getting it, do it. My buddy has an Aimpoint on his sks, and i shoot tighter groups than he does using the same ammo. but I have mine on my SKS, if it can take that recoil it should be able to take the recoil of a .223.

I can't tell you how nice that T dot is, but if you get it, you will not regret it at all. I once mounted it to my buddies AR, and it performed admirably after being sighted in. Was perfect with his Magpul MBUS sights too.

Really you should just buy it, and if you don't love it, sell it on ebay for the same price and get your money back as they commonly sell for 150 on ebay in like new condition.

Top Bottom