• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    im going to get a tattoo...it will be my first. I want an artist who is just that, an artist. im not interested in the guy in the strip mall shop who specializes in tribal bands, barbed wire, unicorns and dolphins. the tattoo I want is to be a photorealistic depiction of a specific item. I do NOT want it to look like my 6 year old drew it. recommend me someone in central indiana who is capable of such a thing. :ingo:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Be sure to wax your low back first and give it a week to heal. You don't want the sun burst to be irregular.

Also, I just posted the above and then my next patient I saw had probably the worse quality tattoo I've ever seen. Heh.

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Depends on the "item" and how "realistic" you want it?? Mechanical object, person's portrait, etc. Some guys do great work but have their own "style" in everything they do. Others can seemingly copy a picture onto your body.

In either case, I've got a couple guys in mind for you

Although, depending on the item you want and person it is there may be a wait list.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My mother-in-law has been a tattoo artist for 30+ years. (Thats how I met my wife) It is all freehand. But she does live about 10 min. into Michigan. She does do tattoo parties where she will come to your place and work until everybody that wants a tat gets one. Plus you get 10% of what everybody else's tat cost towards your work.

2013-01-18_12-12-05_533_zpse88847ef.jpg

Here is my back. Pic isn't the best.

Last edited:

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    Be sure to wax your low back first and give it a week to heal. You don't want the sun burst to be irregular.

Also, I just posted the above and then my next patient I saw had probably the worse quality tattoo I've ever seen. Heh.

:lmfao: Well played sir, well played.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    What DO you know? Their site looks pretty good, as do some of the examples of their work...especially the work by "stoner"

I've been told by a customer of ours at the 1500 that there is a 'World Renowned' artist in Shelbyville....between that comment and feedback from some friends here in town, I assumed it was this shop.

I will not pretend to know much, if any, on this subject...just passing on what I've heard.:yesway:

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Both of my upper arms are covered by Ryan's work. He has his own style and usually has a month or so wait.

I love Ryan's work...but the best artist in Indiana is Monte Agee. He is one of the best in the world according to some. You also pay for it and wait 6 or so months, that is if he will take your idea. Monte Tattoo

I'll send pics of Ryan's work if interested.

Ryan Dearringer over on the East side. He's an old friend of mine, and truly has a talent for both art and tattooing. I'm not sure on what his wait time is looking like right now, but I'd give him a call.

Indianapolis, Indiana Custom Tattoo Artists - Ryan Dearringer

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Both of my upper arms are covered by Ryan's work. He has his own style and usually has a month or so wait.

I love Ryan's work...but the best artist in Indiana is Monte Agee. He is one of the best in the world according to some. You also pay for it and wait 6 or so months, that is if he will take your idea. Monte Tattoo

I'll send pics of Ryan's work if interested.
    Monte was going to be one of the ones I recommended.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    you are getting a tattoo

When I was young, broke, and very impulsive my tats reflected that.

If you want a tat with color that is like nothing you see on anyone see Inkqell tattoo in Lagrange KY. Its a trip but he is on a whole nother level of skilles. A tattoo lasts forever. Look online at his portfolio, its rediculous.

2013-02-03091452_zps4a70086c.jpg

2013-02-03091305_zpsd9512fa8.jpg

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    im going to get a tattoo...it will be my first. I want an artist who is just that, an artist. im not interested in the guy in the strip mall shop who specializes in tribal bands, barbed wire, unicorns and dolphins. the tattoo I want is to be a photorealistic depiction of a specific item. I do NOT want it to look like my 6 year old drew it. recommend me someone in central indiana who is capable of such a thing. :ingo:

Just be forewarned, once you get ink in your system it becomes addictive...they tend to multiply, but that's not a bad thing. :D

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just be forewarned, once you get ink in your system it becomes addictive...they tend to multiply, but that's not a bad thing. :D

I second this. I got one. I figured that would be it. Then I got another. Then another. And so on and so forth. It gets expensive, but I feel like all my tattoos tell a story about my life and the things that mean something to me. There are worse addictions to have :dunno:

Top Bottom