• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am leaning toward getting a traditional type scope. I see that most companies have an official "rimfire" model having to do with the parallax settings. Several sites I looked at said the Leupold VX-Freedom was the best buy for this. Thoughts?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am going to guess that most of my shooting would be 60 yards or less. Might I try it at 100 yards if I find it surprisingly accurate at 50-60? Maybe.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I have a Bushnell Rimfire Riflescope Drop Zone 22 BDC. It is adequate. I kind of wish I had purchased the illuminated version, but to be honest it would just be another battery to replace. Purchase was based on price more than performance.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'll go farther and say that if it's a conversion .22 - then you'll probably want a different product than a dedicated actual .22LR barreled AR-pattern rifle.

If a conversion bolt - then probably a RDS is fine.

If a dedicated gun - then you can work on a scope that'll meet the goals of the mission. For 100 yards max... the 3x-9x scope world is your playground. Even an inexpensive Simmons .22Mag scope would work pretty well.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I run Simmons pro target scopes on me and the daughters 10/22s. Good value for the money. Glass is ok. Has target turrets. Can get in 3x9 and 4×12. They have some other magnification options as well

Been using them for years now and I have no complaints

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I am leaning toward getting a traditional type scope. I see that most companies have an official "rimfire" model having to do with the parallax settings. Several sites I looked at said the Leupold VX-Freedom was the best buy for this. Thoughts?
    If it's for your new HK, I personally would agree with the Leopold VX-Freedom but I would go with the 4-12×40 over the 3-9. Only reason being is the extra little bit of magnification helps with older eyes and the Tri-moa reticle is nice for spotting and precision work between 50-200yds very comfortably. Another couple +'s are that it's an American company and has Leopold warranty.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have an old Vortex Viper 1-4 on mine and like it al lot. I think the reticle works really well for rimfire. They've since been rebadged as the Ranger and are pretty inexpensive.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Just my gut feeling, gotta go with bc‘s @bcannon point o view. But my newest 22 RF rifle is a 10-22 I bought 30 years ago for squirrels. I’ve got old eyes so I can relate.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I run a Vortex 2-7× Rimfire on my 10/22 it's good for hunting and plunking.
    If you want to shoot tiny groups you might want to go upto 12+ power scope with AO feature.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Just providing an update. I got the Leupold. it is a 2-7x33 rimfire.
    I got a base with rings and mounted it last night. Just need to get it sighted in now.

View attachment 315515
    Nice! Hope you have a deep stash of 22LR, because a 22LR AR is just to much fun to stop. Mine manages to burn through more ammo than planned on nearly every range trip.

Top Bottom