Recommendations for a plumber in Greenwood?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Hi all,

We've begun the first stages of our kitchen renovation and have already hit a very minor issue.

One of the OLD water supply valves to our washing machine won't fully close off. So stem the dripping, I've got the supply hose still connected and just routed down through the drain.

The laundry facilities are being relocated elsewhere in the home, but I think that both the old supply valves are in need of repair. (Would like to leave the hook-up physically present in this location in case a future resident wants to put the laundry back in this location). I can personally be talked out of replacement and just having it all removed / capped off...

So - any recommendations on who I may want to contact?

Thanks!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Thanks, dprimm.

this pressing job just got slightly less pressing. I was able to buy a set of spigot caps at Lowe's and they have stopped the drip. Checked before bed - dry. Checked again this AM - dry. Not a long term solution, but at least now I have a "few days" to get this taken care of.

A buddy of mine is coming over this evening to help get another opinion / set of eyeballs on it. He's a very very very experienced DIY-er and has even helped me out on a few projects right after we moved in.

The guy at Lowe's told me that I could replace the valves myself. My wife laughed. I laughed. Sad on inside, but I laughed.

The house has been replumbed with PEX throughout 90% of it (shower verticals are still CU), but I don't think this washer supply was switched. I know the box and valves are OLD.

It should be an 'easy' job to tie in new PEX connections and install a new box...right? Especially since we don't really care about the drywall?

Top Bottom