• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KreatorOfSorrow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Peru, IN
    I plan on buying a new pistol this week. I already own a 9mm. Hoping for something along the lines of 40 s&w. Not trying to spend 500+ on it. Anyone have any ideas on what I should be looking for?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    This is old skool, but I have a S&W 4006 which is a fantastic shooter and you can probably find one out there for $300, which considering they went for $750 in 1990-91 and it is really a quite nicely finished all stainless gun, is a steal at the price. (And no, I won't sell MINE for that price. I'm kinda attached to it, and it's too heavy to move out of the safe without a crane anyway :))

KreatorOfSorrow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Peru, IN
    Lol well that sounds pretty reasonable. I'll have to talk to an excavation crew, have them ready to assist when/if I can find one >.> Don't wanna pull my back out trying to lift it! But thanks, I will indeed check the gun out, see if theres any being sold around me currently.

Neilbert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Indy
    You should look at a Sprinfield XD model. I owned a First Generation XD 9 and absolutely loved it. I am a LEO now and carry a GLOCK 17. I have since retired the XD and sold it since i have to carry my Glock around. I would go back to a Springfield in a Heartbeat.. I put around 5,000 rnds through my Springfield with very little wear.

Try a used one..
    GOOD LUCK

KreatorOfSorrow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Peru, IN
    I'll also see about that. I read quite a bit on that gun on other websites, and heard lots of good about it. What do you think I could find a used one for, out of curiosity?

Neilbert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Indy
    Well, If i were you, i'd go to a gun show and see what they got.. When i bought my Springfield I haggled a guy down and it was brand new... You should be able to find a used one for around $400 or so..

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    used glock
    +1 I would say that that is one of the better values for under 500 and they can be found in great condition for that price. Glocks are also built to last and they get the job done. The other gun I might consider is the Ruger LCR its a great 38 pistol for the money.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What will be the main purpose of this weapon? Home defense, EDC, range toy??? Do you have an idea what size you are looking for, full size, compact, subcompact? You should be able to find several nice options under the $500 mark, but would need a little more info before I could suggest particular models.

If I had to name one without any more info, I say Glock 23!!!:rockwoot:

KreatorOfSorrow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Peru, IN
    Well it seems a used Glock is mighty recommended. Even a few friends have said the same. And the gun will be for home defense. I have a 9mm Ruger that I carry. Thanks for the replies as well guys, nice helpful community.

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    I personally own and like the s&w .40 sigma....i know some people dont like them but i have owned two .40s and a 9 and never had a problem with any. Plus its only about 350 new i think its a decent buy.

KreatorOfSorrow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Peru, IN
    Hey right on, I personally don't go off -everyones- opinions. First hand I've seen a Hi-point shoot alongside much higher priced weapons, and not jam in 1000 rounds. So I may just take a look at the sigma. Is it an overly heavy gun?

Top Bottom