• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Salty Possum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    Hi folks. I'm sure it's been asked by others here already but I'm asking for me so here it goes. I'm saving up money over the next couple months to get an AK variant rifle. My price range is $500ish-$700ish. What do you recommend? I'm thinking WASR but I'd like to hear all the options I have.

P.S. AK is to be used for home defense, SHTF/WROL, so I'm looking for quality but inexpensive. Oh and I plan on buying it from Bradis when I get the money, since I heard so many good things about them plus their prices are said to be the BEST (man I'm looking forward to going to Camby this summer:rockwoot:).

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    some saigas

oa_ol.jpg

picture007se2.jpg

images

images

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Those are good as well. They'll look about the same except for the mag. It won't have as much of a "Marc Wallice" bend to it.

Last edited:

Salty Possum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    Thanks dudes. I'm seriously considering an Saiga now (in 7.62x39):)
    I never did any drilling and tapping so I'll have to be real slow with the conversion, I don't want to be stuck with only 10 rnd mags.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I built my Saiga completely 922r compliant and sexy as hell for <$600, but I caught the base rifle for a price we'll probably never see again on black Friday a couple years ago.

Shooting mine side by side with my buddies WASR-10 is like night and day. The WASR feels like a rickety toy.

397073480.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I built my Saiga completely 922r compliant and sexy as hell for <$600, but I caught the base rifle for a price we'll probably never see again on black Friday a couple years ago.

Shooting mine side by side with my buddies WASR-10 is like night and day. The WASR feels like a rickety toy.

397073480.jpg

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Go with the Saiga 7.62x39! Mags and ammo are still very cheap. I normally recommend 5.45x39 but if you dont already have a bunch of mags its gonna be hard to get into the game.

donavonmaxwell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Thanks dudes. I'm seriously considering an Saiga now (in 7.62x39):)
    I never did any drilling and tapping so I'll have to be real slow with the conversion, I don't want to be stuck with only 10 rnd mags.
    You can use promag/surefire mags(checkout cheaperthandirt.com) and get the 30 rd promag magazines......Also,they have the TAPCO T6 buttstock and SAW grip which will make you 922(r)compliant......I have a Saiga,tricked out and it is bad to the bone!!!!!!

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    My cousin bought an already converted NIB Saiga 7.62 at the last 1500, if you aren't far from and Indy and don't want to do the conversion yourself you could go e that a try.

Edit: he got it for $519

Top Bottom