• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks bw. I’ve got one of those too. Luckily our plan was to hit one of the trolling motor only ponds today anyway.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Interesting, I hadnt heard of that either.

But given how after shooting it in almost kills it due to the mix, and how little you have to use, I cant imagine it doing any damage.

At least with this motor, its not like you can fog it and keep the motor running (without the oil)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

But given how after shooting it in almost kills it due to the mix, and how little you have to use, I cant imagine it doing any damage.

At least with this motor, its not like you can fog it and keep the motor running (without the oil)

I think you'd have to do several "cycles" (spray till it almost dies, let it recover, repeat) for it to cause harm, but after he told me that I haven't done it since, just to be on the safe side.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

One of the reasons it kills it in a two stroke is you are washing the oil off the cylinder walls when you spray regular carb cleaner in a two stroke...
    Its not the mix that does the damage, its the dry cylinder walls and the dry rings rapidly going up and down that causes the instant wear because its starting to seize up..

Two stroke cleaner has lubricant in it..Sea Foam has a lubricant in it.... Same reason you use starter fluid with oil in it....

Top Bottom