• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I would like to invite everyone to attend the Red Brush Rifle Range .22 Bowling Pin match just east of Evansville, IN. The match is open to the public and starts at 6:00 PM every Thursday evening April – October, except the first Thursday of each month (Red Brush meeting night). The cost is $1 per shooter. This is an extremely fun match to shoot and it is a good way to introduce firearm enthusiasts to the shooting sports. I have listed all the particulars below.

I hope to see you there!

Match name: Thursday Night .22 Bowling Pin Match

Location: Red Brush Rifle Range (just east of Evansville, IN)
    3299 West Eble Road
    Newburgh, IN 47630

Schedule: Every Thursday evening April – October, except the first Thursday of each month (Red Brush meeting night).
    Match begins: 6:00pm and usually lasts about 2 hours.

Cost: $1.00 per person.

Firearms used: .22LR rimfire pistol. (load 10 rounds maximum)

Usual number of rounds needed: 50-100 rounds.

Other equipment needed: Eye and ear protection.

Targets: 6 standard bowling pins sitting on 2×4 sawhorse. 1 steel target shaped like a bowling pin.

Format: Man-on-man double elimination. First person to knock down all 7 pins in 15 seconds or less wins the round. Shooters are divided into A-class, B-class, and Women & Seniors class, and shoot only against other shooters in that class. Each session runs two months. Most wins accumulated in that session wins the title for that class.

Prizes: 1st and 2nd place for complete session in each class wins choice of trophy or cash for brick of 22 ammo.

More information and directions to the range can be found at Red Brush Rifle Range

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It's been a while since I shot these matches but they are great fun. I hope to start up again this year. Thanks for the reminder.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I hope that you decide to shoot the matches with us this year. We usually have between 40 and 60 shooters. We run two pairs of shooters at a time so things progress quickly.

The first match of the season is scheduled for this Thursday April 9, 2015. Lets hope that the weather cooperates!

Last edited:

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Thanks to everyone who came out to the RBRR .22 Bowling Pin match Thursday evening. The rain held off and we had a great turnout.

We are currently shooting a 22 rifle bowling pin side match immediately after the pistol match. I believe this is scheduled to be done for the rest of the season. The same rules apply and it also has only a $1 entry fee.

I hope everyone is able attend the next match! Bring a 22 pistol, a 22 rifle, $2 and lots of ammo for a fun low cost evening!

Top Bottom