Red Cross in 'Critical' Need of Blood Donations Due to Harsh Winter and Flu.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Man, until I read the article, I thought there was a hemorrhagic flu going round. Weather canceling blood drives was my last thought. Though they still won’t take my Anthrax vaccine infested Super Duper?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Like Vigilant apparently, I seem to have had an interesting career...it has been a long time since they were interested in my blood.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I didn't mind giving blood but about a week later the phone calls started. They would call em everyday and sometimes more than once a day to try and get more blood. It was insane despite my protests they kept calling. Probably went on everyday for a month.

I'd give blood again but only if I can give them a fake number.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I went through an emergency where I need A LOT of blood until they could get things under control. Since then, I've gotten into the habit of giving blood on a regular basis.

I did give them a junk phone number though.... I had been given a heads up that they call almost non-stop.

Nonetheless, good folks just trying to do good work. If you ever need it, you'll be glad it was there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All I can say is dudes make horrible phlebotomists. I see a dude coming at me with a needle at the red cross, 1) I know it’s gonna hurt because he won’t find the vein. 2) he’ll be calling one of the ladies over to help out.

every time.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Story time?

Used to go to Mexico to go diving in the Cenotes regularly, off "resort" in vampire lingo. They always asked the question, I always responded honestly. One year when I responded "yes" the technician told me that I wasn't eligible to donate for 1 year. When I told him that under the same circumstances I had been donating for the last several years he said sorry no can do if you've been out of the resort area. So a few weeks later I start getting increasingly agitated calls from the blood place and at one point they were accusing me of fraud! What the hell am I defrauding them of, a cup of warm juice and a stale cookie!??

No thanks, No More!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    popcorn_buffy.gif

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I've received blood during a major surgery I had years ago but due to the medications that I take I'm unable to donate even though I'd love to.

Top Bottom