• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    im thinking about putting a red dot on my ak. its just a basic wasr but I have never had an issue with it and its a great gun. it does have a side mount but again im not sure if I want to go that route or what sight would work with it.
    so what is on your ak? im looking for suggestions on mounts and optics.

this is one of my shtf weapons so I want to be able to easily remove the optic and use irons if needed.

flnt38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    I am using an ultimak mount and a primary arms micro on my sgl-21. it is not a quick removal but you can use the irons with the reddot in place. I am not sure on the sidemounts concerning co witness but they would be easily removable. the T1,H1 aimpoint will work in place of the primary arms MD-07 if you want top of the line.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Midwest Industries forearm with an Aimpoint Micro top cover, fits the Vortex SPARC just fine but can't use the irons with it. Something I'm just playing with since I have a couple SPARCs lying around

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I have a WASR with Damage Industries MKII rail set and PA MD-07 Micro-dot, requires a torx to remove though. Thinking about same rail set up on a Century C39 but with an Aimpoint PRO.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    You would be hard pressed to beat an Aimpoint Micro in an RS Regulate mount. If your on a tighter budget, I would say Burris Fastfire mounted on an Ultimak. If like the idea of traditional commie optics, the PK01V is the bees knees.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    if you have a optics rail, get a russian made red dot, they are a bit more primitive, but you can still use your optics with them on, they are built like t-72s, and with one pull of a lever they come off

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    YOu will need someting from here.

Red Dot Weapons Sights

"kalinka"

Perhaps a PK-A mounted red dot,

PKA-SGL3161PKALeft.JPG

or if your concerned about centering over the barrel, try a centered mount with a detachable PK-01-VI:rockwoot:

Ahh poetry.

PK01-V_SGL31LeftClose01.jpg

Last edited:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    +1 for Ultimak with simple red dot like the Bushnell or Primary Arms. Simple. I can remove dust cover without removing optics. This type of red dot will co-witness with irons. I have tried a Fastfire on this Ultimak and it will not co-witness (the lower part of the optic body sits just a smidge too high).

Not a good pic but here is mine:
    AK_Bushnell_Close_1_zps3a7f8704.jpg

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    keep in mind those ruskie optics NPZ, ZENIT, etc are made as well as the AK, throwem, soakem, drop them isnt going to hurt them. Even with the low mounts you can still take your cover off, and your ZERO is always there after you remove and re attach, utilize that optics mount that sits on the left of that receiver!:rockwoot:'

Now get an optic that can be thrown dropped, drenched and built to last

like your rifle.

Oooor if you lookin to spend little $$$ check out a BP-02 low mount or high if you like your irons,
    get a respectable red dot, bushnell, firefield, etc and youu would be good to go.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    YOu will need someting from here.

Red Dot Weapons Sights

"kalinka"

Perhaps a PK-A mounted red dot,

PKA-SGL3161PKALeft.JPG

or if your concerned about centering over the barrel, try a centered mount with a detachable PK-01-VI:rockwoot:

Ahh poetry.

PK01-V_SGL31LeftClose01.jpg

Да, товарищ! Российские оптика для российских винтовок.

I was actually thinking of getting a PK-01 V for my Arsenal AK-74. I've just had too many projects pile up to spend another $300 on optics for that rifle.

Someday.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom