• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotekid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Hi today i bought my first pistol. It is a Ruger MKIII 22/45 stainless 5.5" bull barrel. I have no regrets i love it. Now i am wondering what a good Reasonably priced red dot for it is.
    Thanks for all the help in choosing my first pistol.:ar15:
    DSCF1996.jpg

DSCF1997.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I put my C-more Railway site on my MKIII prior to switching it to the rifle. The dot was difficult to acquire. The best USPSA shooters in the world use C-more red dots, so the equipment is not in question.

There is a red dot, on a hand gun, learning curve. I am not the first one to run into this.;)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    There is a red dot, on a hand gun, learning curve.

fo' sho'. And I have found that the lower you can get the RDS (i.e. closer to the "natural" plane of the iron sights) the shorter the curve will be.

I really liked the slide-mounted Optima 2000/Firepoint/Jpoint I ran on my GSSF Unlimited G17 and G22C back in the day; I found it WAY easier to use than a standard red dot on a frame mount (Aimtech, T.H.E., Carver, etc).

I would really like to try one of the more recent setups wherein the slide is machined to mount a mini-RDS directly, without the need for an adapter plate.

But that's neither here nor there. Sorry for the :hijack:

Last edited:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    This is a terrible thread for me to read ...very nice pics! :D Gives me a few things to consider ...while I check the seat cushions for loose change.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Here are my two reddots. Both Bushnells. 10 brightness settings, good battery life, polarized lens, sun shields and rubber covers for $89. They have held up well and keep zero. I have the longest sunshades(tube extensions) on. While they appear to be bulky and cumbersome, they aren't as bad as the picture shows. These are older and while I would like some newer and smaller dots, these still work well.

dsc04796.jpg

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Millet SP-1 on my MKII Target. 10 brightness settings and have been using it for about 3 years and no troubles. Holding zero nicely.

EDIT: Oops, sorry i just realized i dug up and old thread... :n00b:

MKII_SP1.jpg

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    If you can find one, the Matchdot (by Ultra Dot) has worked well for the past few years. The ability to change dot size (2,4,6, or 8 MOA) has served me well for changing between bullseye-type shooting to cans/jacks/spinners/pop-up type quick shooting.

Top Bottom