• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    The spitfire would be my favorite reddot except for the (IMO) terrible DRT reticle. It's just too busy with the multiple circles.

Change it to a single 2 to 3 MOA dot or something like the TMCQ reticle with just a 1 to 2 moa dot and the partial circle and it would be awesome.

DCowboysCR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    I have astigmatism also. I had an EOtech that was decent but had durability concerns. It's weird, sometimes the Aimpoint Dot "flares" more than other times even at the same brightness setting.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So I just bought a used TRS-25. Got it mounted on my AR and took a gander.

With my right eye, the "dot" looks almost like a crescent moon. With my left eye, it looks like the lady on the womens bathroom signs.

I'll have to get it outside and see what its like in the brighter light and how I can hit with it.

This is not meant to be a MOA rifle, more like a MOM/MOV (minute of man/minute of varmint) so I might be ok with it. For the price, I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So I just bought a used TRS-25. Got it mounted on my AR and took a gander.

With my right eye, the "dot" looks almost like a crescent moon. With my left eye, it looks like the lady on the womens bathroom signs.

I'll have to get it outside and see what its like in the brighter light and how I can hit with it.

This is not meant to be a MOA rifle, more like a MOM/MOV (minute of man/minute of varmint) so I might be ok with it. For the price, I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Well I finally got out to the range to try it out. From a sandbag @50 yards, I was able to keep a 1" group. Here is my target.

The 4 shot group in the center and the 2 shot group at the top were mine.

The other 2 holes are from my wifes first ever shots from a rifle. I was proud of her.

Back to the subject at hand. I didn't realize until I got home, but I was wearing my polarized prescription glasses. I wish I would have tried it with my regular glasses. The dot was very clear with my polarized glasses on.

I'm happy. With groups like that, smaller varmints shouldn't be a problem if I do my part like guessing yardage and figuring out what bullet drop is.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom