• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA
    ok guys, well this is gonna be a long post here. first: we have sent about 4-5 emails in the last month for someone from INGUNOWNERS to contact us to advertise on their website and have'nt been able to reach anyone, we even left our cell phone numbers so they can call us. I'm not sure why we have'nt heard back yet but we'll wait and see. Shooter521 I understand why you would question it, but since we have'nt been able to actually send some money and get a banner on the site. And your right, I'd be leary also to go to a class and spend hard earned money if I had any doubt and agree with you 100%. Back in November of 2010 I had to come up with some sort of verbage to put on our website and everything I typed up sounded like crud, that is why it is the way it is. It is my fault and after we got a couple of classes under our belt I should of went back and changed some things around, which I just talked to our website guy and asked him to change things around for me. I just kinda felt like a rabbit on the bottom of a dog pile yesterday, I'm not trying to mislead anyone, but we just have'nt heard back from Fenway or Evan about getting us up and running for some advertising. So I am at fault for trying to do it this way and believe me I had no intentions of causing such a mess. But I am a full time Deputy in Indiana and was on the SWAT team for awhile and alot of my training comes from that and I've seeked out other training outside of the dept. at which I have to pay. We have another instructor who was on the Canadian Special Forces when he was younger and is a NRA certified instructor and we also have a detective from a Sheriff's Dept. who was on the SWAT team and is an ILEA certified instructor and been in LE for about 20 yrs and myself for 10 yrs. Guys this is a new business and I'm learning as I go and how to market it as I go and I really learned a lesson here. OUCH.......I just hope this clears the air guys. I'm not to proud to admit when I'm wrong and I was WRONG and I have hopefully fixed the problem.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I'm pleased you think so highly of our advertising powers here on INGO.

Well..its pretty obvious...advertise on INGO and you'll soon have more orders/work than you can handle...a person could advertise half eatin turds on this site and they would sell. and its not just this forum..every large forum I have been on is the same way and Ive seen some pretty crappy products become "the best thing since sliced bread" just because they sponsor a reputable site.

SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA
    man I just hated that it caused such a mess, this site was referred to me by a friend and I just signed up. I hope everything will calm down. I dont need anymore enemies, I get enough of that at work.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well..its pretty obvious...advertise on INGO and you'll soon have more orders/work than you can handle...a person could advertise half eatin turds on this site and they would sell. and its not just this forum..every large forum I have been on is the same way and Ive seen some pretty crappy products become "the best thing since sliced bread" just because they sponsor a reputable site.

Wow, I wish this was true. I have a dog that eats about half a, well you get the idea. Thanks for the tip.:):

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Are you a representative from Red Doc Tac? You seem a little on the defensive side. It’s not an unfriendly sight at all, but INGO will look out for its own members. We are family in many respects and it is instinctive to protect our own. The OP joins up recently and with the opportunity to market his company to 15000 Indiana members takes no time to get know the membership or they him. No they jump right in with post/threads advertising their classes, wanting our money. If they wouldn't question the ability or experience of the instructors in similar circumstances how good of instructors could they really be. A resume detailing experiences, classes taken and other info helps us find out if Red Dot Tac is right for us personally. A website that was copied in parts from a competitor is not a resume. Before I spend hundreds of dollars I just want to make sure I am not paying someone who just took a class.

Well said and Repped!! :D

sorry HandK, I gotta borrow your own words :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It seems like you're still missing the point. The issue is not whether or not you're a paid advertiser or whether or not you are qualified to teach this stuff. The issue is that you copied someone else's work (i.e. a course description) exactly with no citation or credit given to the original source. That alone raises a few serious issues, but it also raises other questions.

Again, the issue is that you clearly copied and pasted information from the EAG web site and posted it on your site as if it were your own work product. Some people (both inside and outside of this community) find such plagiarism unacceptable. This is the issue. It has literally nothing to do with whether or not you're an advertiser on INGO or whether or not you're qualified to teach people.

ok guys, well this is gonna be a long post here. first: we have sent about 4-5 emails in the last month for someone from INGUNOWNERS to contact us to advertise on their website and have'nt been able to reach anyone, we even left our cell phone numbers so they can call us. I'm not sure why we have'nt heard back yet but we'll wait and see. Shooter521 I understand why you would question it, but since we have'nt been able to actually send some money and get a banner on the site. And your right, I'd be leary also to go to a class and spend hard earned money if I had any doubt and agree with you 100%. Back in November of 2010 I had to come up with some sort of verbage to put on our website and everything I typed up sounded like crud, that is why it is the way it is. It is my fault and after we got a couple of classes under our belt I should of went back and changed some things around, which I just talked to our website guy and asked him to change things around for me. I just kinda felt like a rabbit on the bottom of a dog pile yesterday, I'm not trying to mislead anyone, but we just have'nt heard back from Fenway or Evan about getting us up and running for some advertising. So I am at fault for trying to do it this way and believe me I had no intentions of causing such a mess. But I am a full time Deputy in Indiana and was on the SWAT team for awhile and alot of my training comes from that and I've seeked out other training outside of the dept. at which I have to pay. We have another instructor who was on the Canadian Special Forces when he was younger and is a NRA certified instructor and we also have a detective from a Sheriff's Dept. who was on the SWAT team and is an ILEA certified instructor and been in LE for about 20 yrs and myself for 10 yrs. Guys this is a new business and I'm learning as I go and how to market it as I go and I really learned a lesson here. OUCH.......I just hope this clears the air guys. I'm not to proud to admit when I'm wrong and I was WRONG and I have hopefully fixed the problem.

Cure4Life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Gees guys, i didnt know we were back in English class! As a web designer myself, i can guarantee that probably over 75% of content you see is copied from someone else... maybe not word for word, but just slightly enough so that it's not obvious. Give the guy a break, he's learning. I suppose you all came out of the womb knowing all this stuff?? It's not like he cheated on his finals, or published a book by someone else in his name. It's course descriptions! Gees. I suppose if Glock has the same features as a Sig, we should get on Glocks site and complain that they copied Sig's features and call them plagarists??

On a personal note, i know Swatdude. I've taken his classes. He knows his stuff. He's ex-swat. I learned a tremendous amount of information that could possible save my life, or someone elses life. Isnt that what's important here instead of who wrote what first? I suggest before you go off half cocked trying to put him down, take his class... if it wasnt up to par, ask for a refund AND THEN SMEAR HIM!. You all sound like politicians sparring for a vote. Grow up!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Reminder that name calling will NOT be tolerated on this forum. Any more and there will be bannings.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You need to mind your own business and stop being such a whinny little B****

Hey Mods, can we have the middle finger smiley back for just a minute? :):

I've copied and paste stuff from the internet to my websites, are you going to tell on me too?

If you copy multiple pieces of documentation word for word from the copyrighted site of a company belonging to someone I know, you bet I'm going to let that someone know about it.

I used to purchase from bradis but now seeing such stupid comments made by someone associated with them, those days are OVER.

But *I'm* the one who needs to "grow up"? Guess the internet really IS serious business! :):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    This topic has already been brought back up in another thread. I'm not sure why it was necessary to pull this one up also to post the exact same thing as was posted in the more recent one.

This one is getting off-topic and is now closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom