• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Well I just found a video from RJF doing a torture test on the ZK-22 stock. I was hoping that it would be made from good material, looks like I won't be disappointed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnsVFc2lwEo[/ame]

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    it would more impressive with the completed gun not just half the shell regardless i'd still buy it if i had the spare money

buckshot_00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ZK-22 Still not here.

ok....still dont have mine....production on these is S....L.....O......W......

Now the issue is the need for a 18.5" barrel. Any suggestions? I want a non-carbon, quality .920 barrel without having to get a SBR NFA stamp. The aluminum shroud one from Green Mountain has promise, but is only 18" and not 18.5" I think.

Or should I just suck it up and pay $200 tax for SBR and custom make a threaded 14"? barrel and a $200 tax for 5" supressor?

I can't believe they didn't think this through and make the dang thing work with a flat 18" barrel instead of 18.5". Retarded. Although, it opens up the market for them to sell their own barrels. Doh!

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013

Now the issue is the need for a 18.5" barrel. Any suggestions? I want a non-carbon, quality .920 barrel without having to get a SBR NFA stamp. The aluminum shroud one from Green Mountain has promise, but is only 18" and not 18.5" I think.

Or should I just suck it up and pay $200 tax for SBR and custom make a threaded 14"? barrel and a $200 tax for 5" supressor?

I can't believe they didn't think this through and make the dang thing work with a flat 18" barrel instead of 18.5". Retarded. Although, it opens up the market for them to sell their own barrels. Doh!

Could just pin and weld on a flash hider.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    rjf2.jpg

Sorry had to.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

I'm not 100% on this but I believe you can make up the .5 on the back end via a recoil pad as long as it is "permanently attached". That said I'm pretty tempted to get an integrally suppressed barrel, or better yet an integrally suppressed SBR.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008

I'm still waiting on mine as well. My barrel of choice was a Tactical Solutions 16.5" x-ring threaded barrel and a pinned and welded flash hider. Super light weight, its aluminum around chromoly sleeve IIRC.

buckshot_00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That said I'm pretty tempted to get an integrally suppressed barrel, or better yet an integrally suppressed SBR.

Wouldn't an integrally suppressed SBR give you the actual rifling length of a Mark III with less velocity and accuracy? I don't want to give up the benifits of shoulder fire that much. I think the tradeoffs are short, accurate, quiet. You can only pick 2.

I'll probably go the flash hider and TecSol barrel route also....I can always put it on another 10/22 if I really want to go spend $400 in taxes, $300 in custom SBR barrel, $500 in suppressor, $300 in ZK-22, and $300 in original Ruger 10/22 to start from for a total of $1800-$2000 for a 10/22! YIKES! Yes, supressed, bullpup, with overall length of 27", but still. Ouch. Let's first see if this hunk of plastic is worth the investment when it comes in.

Question for someone who already has their ZK-22 stock: What is the actual barrel length INSIDE the stock? I.E. What barrel length would I need to get the suppressor threads just outside the stock if I do go that route?

Armed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Michiana
    This gun made.22lr's cool. I'd take it if they gave me one. But I'd rather have the full auto zombie gun they made on the same episode!

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Question for someone who already has their ZK-22 stock: What is the actual barrel length INSIDE the stock? I.E. What barrel length would I need to get the suppressor threads just outside the stock if I do go that route?

Don't have mine yet, but if I recall correctly it's between 13-14in

Top Bottom