• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Was out looking for the snow owl at the Indianapolis Regional Airport, found this guy instead.

6534186993_fbe84c1535_z.jpg

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Thats a great picture. Look how sharp those talons are.
    I say a red tail nail a squirrel out of a tree one day. They are deadly.

soupy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Elkhart Co.
    Very nice picture. The hawks have learned to follow us around as we do field work.They will sit in the trees along the edge of the field and wait for us to chase out mice and rabbits.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Great pic! There are a couple that swoop down in our backyard to catch mice and squirrels. Neat sight.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I was loading my trunk, getting ready to take Miguel Jr. to the range yesterday, when one of these bad boys swooped across my neighbors yard and pulled up into a large pine tree next to my house. Freaked me out since he was 20 feet away from me, and on a branch about 20 feet in the air. I saw him sitting there for a few seconds, then he was off!

Hopefully he is going to grab one of the 200lb squirrels that control my yard these days.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    We have a Red Shouldered Hawk that has lived on our property for a few years now.
    I have taken lots of pictures, in this one he is giving me the "skunk eye" for gettin' a little too close to his hunting area.

Raptors, they are beautiful creatures.

dsc3401u.jpg

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nice camera skills.

Red-tailed hawks are super common around the NE part of the state. I see a bunch driving up and down I-69 all the time. I personally dont care for them as it makes it nearly impossible to start any sort of wild pheasant population on your property...:noway:

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Nice camera skills.

Red-tailed hawks are super common around the NE part of the state. I see a bunch driving up and down I-69 all the time. I personally dont care for them as it makes it nearly impossible to start any sort of wild pheasant population on your property...:noway:

It's a bird-eat-bird world out there. HAHA

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Redtailed Hawk Factoid:
    Hollywood uses the screech of the Red Tailed hawk for the bald eagle and other eagles quite often, cause it's the coolest hawk screech (bald eagles calls are lame).

Thanks for the picture ... love birds.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Very nice picture. The hawks have learned to follow us around as we do field work.They will sit in the trees along the edge of the field and wait for us to chase out mice and rabbits.

Same here, when I sit and brush mow on the tractor there are at least two hawks following me getting the easy meal of mice and what not that I stirred up while mowing

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    wow. I love raptors. my fraternity was playing a game of pick-up football, and someone on the side saw a bald eagle. We all stopped in the middle of a play to just watch it. Probably the coolest thing I saw in 2011.

Top Bottom