• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Whatever happened to the Feds prosecuting felons in possession and that 10 year sentence thing? I can show you multiple felons in possessions who have been charged multiple times for the same crime......and never did no time to speak of. Then you have work releases like here in Danville.......that is run by some schmuck that claims her program has 90% success. I call BS. She calls it a success if they successfully complete work release, even if they have to "repeat" the success 3-4-5 times. That is not success in my eyes. Success would be if they complete the program and never return...........that simply doesn't happen often.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I thought all the marching is resolving the murder rate problem. Guess we need more marching!
    In all seriousness, as long as the punishment is disproportionate to the crime, we will continue to have these issues

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I don't think nonviolent felonies should remove gun rights automatically.

People with prior violent criminal histories? Absolutely yes, deny bail. No more of this 40+ violent crime arrests while out on bail from the other violent crimes nonsense.

Ultimately there is relatively little that can realistically be done to preemp first time criminals. Like if I just roll out of bed tomorrow and decide to hold up an armored car, there is almost nothing the law can do to stop me first unless I'm exceptionally stupid. But repeat violent offenders are a very different story, when we catch them the second time we have a pattern and we have an opportunity. It's very obvious that low/no bail and this ankle monitor crap isn't working.

But, I absolutely do acknowledge that endless imprisonment without trial is a huge constitutional violation (see: J6 political prisoners), so I don't think we can make this change without major court reform and dramatic acceleration of trial timelines.
    You don't need to look very far to see the solution.. Nice new, doubled in size jail in Johnson county. No one being denied any rights but the fact that Duane Burgess (Johnson Co. Sheriff) and his posse (along with the local depts. like Greenwood, Franklin, Bargersville and others ) rounds them up and they are prosecuted seems to deter those determined to break the law. Kudos for the boys in blue and brown that are keeping us safe down here.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You don't need to look very far to see the solution.. Nice new, doubled in size jail in Johnson county. No one being denied any rights but the fact that Duane Burgess (Johnson Co. Sheriff) and his posse (along with the local depts. like Greenwood, Franklin, Bargersville and others ) rounds them up and they are prosecuted seems to deter those determined to break the law. Kudos for the boys in blue and brown that are keeping us safe down here.
    Worked in El Salvador.

Top Bottom