• 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Music, in any way. Or working out in general. :D
    Harmonica or gazoo?

Looking at some of the reasons why for me are tightening fingers and slapping trigger. Guess classes and practice are all I can do for now.

Sorry about all that crap on the screen. Locked PC up and had to use iTouch to get rid of it.

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Understood. But are you suggesting I'm shooting with a loose grip or that 9mm is too much for me? I'm a bigger guy...

Dunno, I've never seen you shoot. BUT, if a 9mm is snapping on you too much, it suggests that there might be a grip issue than can be improved before you go searching for a bunch of doodads that won't really do a whole lot for you.

It could be something else beside grip, but rest assured it ain't the gun's fault, unless of course you're shooting 9mm+P++++++++ or something like that.

Post some pics/video of you shooting. Might help get some better tips.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    What should my left arm be doing, anything special? Also, Glock has fixed the problem with the Guide Rod Assemblies, and I contacted them. Now I'm just waiting on it. Maybe that'll be my best bet. But I wanted some suggestions first. Thanks! :yesway:

It isn't something you can develop listening to internet dudes. THERE IS NO QUICK FIX to this!! Take courses, get more range time and go from there. Just like your "musician" thing, it takes practice, no one can be John Wu's The Killer overnight. THAT is the critical mindset issue that separates the average gun owner from a shooter. Sounds like some personal time with an RO at Eagle Creek to help you out, but you HAVE to be willing to take pointers, teaching and not think yourself Teflon in regards to advice.

Shooting is also a perishable skill, degenerating over time. Initial learning, coupled with regular practice (dependant upon the skill leve you want to attain) is the key to being a shooter. Any ol' person can buy a gun, wave it at the TV, shoot minute of northern hemisphere at 7 yards and think they can shoot. It takes a truely devoted individual to shoot the gun properly.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    ^This^

There isn't much out there in combat handguns that recoils less than a 9mm Glock 17. Heavier guide rods and compensators are not the answer. You might try using a low powered load. Federal Champion 115gr 9mm sold at Wal-Mart (1125 fps) is really soft shooting. You might also try Speer Lawman 147gr TMJ. The subsonic rounds sometimes feel less snappy, and this one is only 985fps and 317ft. lbs. of muzzle energy.

Speer Lawman Ammunition 9mm Luger 147 Grain Total Metal Jacket Box of 50 - MidwayUSA

It's weird, those are the rounds I'm using. 115gr federal, lawman, and remington UMC. Am I just no good with the firearm? :dunno:

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Dunno, I've never seen you shoot. BUT, if a 9mm is snapping on you too much, it suggests that there might be a grip issue than can be improved before you go searching for a bunch of doodads that won't really do a whole lot for you.

It could be something else beside grip, but rest assured it ain't the gun's fault, unless of course you're shooting 9mm+P++++++++ or something like that.

Post some pics/video of you shooting. Might help get some better tips.

Ok, I see what your saying. I don't have the means to buy a bunch of widgets for my gun atm anyways. Guess I need to take a basic course and see if I'm doing something wrong? That's money probably well spent, but spent nonetheless.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    It isn't something you can develop listening to internet dudes. THERE IS NO QUICK FIX to this!! Take courses, get more range time and go from there. Just like your "musician" thing, it takes practice, no one can be John Wu's The Killer overnight. THAT is the critical mindset issue that separates the average gun owner from a shooter. Sounds like some personal time with an RO at Eagle Creek to help you out, but you HAVE to be willing to take pointers, teaching and not think yourself Teflon in regards to advice.

Shooting is also a perishable skill, degenerating over time. Initial learning, coupled with regular practice (dependant upon the skill leve you want to attain) is the key to being a shooter. Any ol' person can buy a gun, wave it at the TV, shoot minute of northern hemisphere at 7 yards and think they can shoot. It takes a truely devoted individual to shoot the gun properly.

Great advice, thanks.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Harmonica or gazoo?

I almost always shoot "tightening fingers" or "jerking or slapping trigger". I even use the reset correctly. Maybe I'm misusing sights or maybe I truly am pulling. I'm precise, just not accurate as I need to be. If it came to home defense I'll be OK, but the paper keeps moving when I shoot it.

Borrowed this pic from a Glock/XD/M&P thread.

That pic, was, uh odd to say the least. It's a lot of code, that's for sure. I don't jerk when I shoot, as I have decent trigger control. I do shake sometimes though, due to adrenaline. That'll succumb with time I s'pose.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    That pic, was, uh odd to say the least. It's a lot of code, that's for sure. I don't jerk when I shoot, as I have decent trigger control. I do shake sometimes though, due to adrenaline. That'll succumb with time I s'pose.

All I see is miles and miles and miles of random text/number gibberish. No pic.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    don't own a Glock and never will...but start reloadin' and load some weak target loads and alot of dry firin'.....the weak loads will take the snappness out of it and dry frin' will build muscle memory....:twocents:

Top Bottom