• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    A friend found this on facebook and posted it on another shooters forum. It was put on FB by a Texas gun shop explaining current shortages:

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages. RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days. FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out! Armalite: Maxed out. DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product. COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's. LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels. Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind. AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation-wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rnds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line. MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags; do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon. RELOADERS!!!! ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes....it could be 6-9 months b/f things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A friend found this on facebook and posted it on another shooters forum. It was put on FB by a Texas gun shop explaining current shortages:

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages. RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days. FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out! Armalite: Maxed out. DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product. COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's. LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels. Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind. AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation-wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rnds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line. MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags; do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon. RELOADERS!!!! ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes....it could be 6-9 months b/f things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months.

If this gun control nonsense will run its course and people feel comfortable again demand hopefully should wane.

brrytrry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Would anyone else also be worried about "quality" when manufacturers are pushed to extreme production cycles?

There is also the possibility of a gun market crash if no major gun laws pass and the demand for all of these new guns suddenly subsides.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I would love to know their source. I am not disputing, merely questioning as we have so much misinformation. This will clearly lead to more panic buying-which is great for their business.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Sorry

I would love to know their source. I am not disputing, merely questioning as we have so much misinformation. This will clearly lead to more panic buying-which is great for their business.

Sorry. The claim that the info was posted by a gun shop is the best I can provide. We have so much misinformation because we are on the internet where personal opinions, positive negative or neutral, magically become facts. I'm thinking about starting my own forum and calling it BS Central. Totally uninformed speculation would be required. At least that way you'd know to not believe it. :D

It's hard to participate in panic buying when there's nothing to buy! :dunno:

Valor35

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette
    Sorry. The claim that the info was posted by a gun shop is the best I can provide. We have so much misinformation because we are on the internet where personal opinions, positive negative or neutral, magically become facts. I'm thinking about starting my own forum and calling it BS Central. Totally uninformed speculation would be required. At least that way you'd know to not believe it. :D
    :dunno:

Sign me up as a mod -- I have great expertise in BS 'facts'!:D

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Would anyone else also be worried about "quality" when manufacturers are pushed to extreme production cycles?

There is also the possibility of a gun market crash if no major gun laws pass and the demand for all of these new guns suddenly subsides.

Which will be the time for us connoisseurs to buy buy buy. :)

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is believable, seeing how some online stores arent even taking backorders anymore, prices are sky high and nothing is on the shelves. The positive part of this is that more people are waking up to what the gov't is trying to do to them. Yeah it sucks prices are high and things arent in stock right now, but at least people are buying for the first times in their lives and others are stocking up. If this all blows over(which knowing how obama and the democrats are), which i dont think it will, then i think prices will still be high and wont return to pre-panic levels. Just like health care, no one wants it, but they will lie and and ram it down our throats. Just hope we are all prepared.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    "Breathe in, breathe out, move on". (J. Buffett) Time to use reloading supplies, work on gun maintenance/mods and make every shot count for a while. Stop chasing the Walmart clerks around the store. Geeze.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    While I cannot make direct judgment on the original posting, I can believe everything that was presented. I saw the letter last year that Ruger sent around to dealers suspending new orders because they couldn't keep up. When we had the last ammo shortage, I knew a man at the LC ammo plant that was working a ton of overtime told me even working as hard as they could, they were loosing ground on the backlog every day. He has since retired, but i'll bet the condition is the same. I have tried to order a S&W lately, there just are not any on the pipeline.

Stag Arms posted on their website that they were refusing orders as they already had a two year backlog. Outside of the top 6 or 8 AR manufacturers, everyone else is primarily an assembler, to parts, no production. Call Wilson and tell them you need a barrel. Even the top shelf barrel manufacturers are turning away long term customers, because they just cannot ship product.

The feds are ordering arms and ammo in bigger number than ever. We just do not have the manufacturing base to absorb the blip in demand.

NOW, LETS GET SERIOUS! This shows what I have been SCREAMING! for years. We have a NATIONAL SECURITY issue. What if we were involved in a war, say the whole stinkin' middle east against us. We would not be able to sustain our military need for supplies, weapons and otherwise. We have out sourced our manufacturing base to foregin lands.

IN WWII we retooled every machine in America for the war effort. We STILL have stuff left from that manufacturing blitz. We cannot retool machines this time, because the machines are not here. We cannot even assemble on stealth fighter plane everytime the french government gets mad at us as we have outsourced critical components and they are used in a JIT manufacturing system.

The strongest military in the world becomes impotent as soon as the manufacturing base cannot sustain the supplies. Every time I heard the "dope from Hope" brag about the "service and information age", I wanted to puke. If we cannot build it here, we will be screwed.

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    While I cannot make direct judgment on the original posting, I can believe everything that was presented. I saw the letter last year that Ruger sent around to dealers suspending new orders because they couldn't keep up. When we had the last ammo shortage, I knew a man at the LC ammo plant that was working a ton of overtime told me even working as hard as they could, they were loosing ground on the backlog every day. He has since retired, but i'll bet the condition is the same. I have tried to order a S&W lately, there just are not any on the pipeline.

Stag Arms posted on their website that they were refusing orders as they already had a two year backlog. Outside of the top 6 or 8 AR manufacturers, everyone else is primarily an assembler, to parts, no production. Call Wilson and tell them you need a barrel. Even the top shelf barrel manufacturers are turning away long term customers, because they just cannot ship product.

The feds are ordering arms and ammo in bigger number than ever. We just do not have the manufacturing base to absorb the blip in demand.

NOW, LETS GET SERIOUS! This shows what I have been SCREAMING! for years. We have a NATIONAL SECURITY issue. What if we were involved in a war, say the whole stinkin' middle east against us. We would not be able to sustain our military need for supplies, weapons and otherwise. We have out sourced our manufacturing base to foregin lands.

IN WWII we retooled every machine in America for the war effort. We STILL have stuff left from that manufacturing blitz. We cannot retool machines this time, because the machines are not here. We cannot even assemble on stealth fighter plane everytime the french government gets mad at us as we have outsourced critical components and they are used in a JIT manufacturing system.

The strongest military in the world becomes impotent as soon as the manufacturing base cannot sustain the supplies. Every time I heard the "dope from Hope" brag about the "service and information age", I wanted to puke. If we cannot build it here, we will be screwed.

This...

At one point, we only had two companies making the almost completed uppers and lowers, only having final companies do the final milling to make it "theirs". Pretty similar with things like parts: Only a few companies even making AR bolt carriers. I think it's better, but honestly, there aren't a ton of companies making the small parts, they just fit them and mill out the bigger stuff.

If some wacked out Jihadi or foreign nation wanted to cripple the US, hit our power, hit our cellphones, bomb three plants that make gun parts and poison 1 water source. You would see people literally tear each other apart b/c their phone wont work, they can't get fuel b/c of no power and no ability to use their debit card, then would turn on people that had gas or generators demanding it "b/c you OWE it to us" then would be shot in process of trying to jack people for commodities like food/water/fuel.

We as a nation are yet 1 simple step away from turning into a horrible, brutal, lawless land. If anything, this panic buying is indicative of it. I saw someone get to the point of shouting at a Walmart clerk over the limits they imposed on ammo. SHOUTING, like some inbred hillbilly. In '08, I saw two guys literally playing tug of war with one of the last black rifles in the shop I worked at. Some days, the misanthropic side of me wished we would be put out of our misery.

Top Bottom