• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I just finished refinishing my latest Mosin. I keep all the military markings so the finish isnt and smooth as I wanted. That makes 2 91/30's. One refinished and one original.

This is the second stock I redid. The first was a Marlin 25n. That one the finish was satin. I wanted a high gloss on the Mosin.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    To the OP, THAT LOOKS AWESOME

and....

Sorry for this :hijack:but,

I know nothing about Mosins. I was at Blythes in Griffith the other day and say that they had about a dozen of them for $99 ea. They were also throwing in a 20rd box of unknown ammo.

Is that a decent price for one?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    To the OP, THAT LOOKS AWESOME

and....

Sorry for this :hijack:but,

I know nothing about Mosins. I was at Blythes in Griffith the other day and say that they had about a dozen of them for $99 ea. They were also throwing in a 20rd box of unknown ammo.

Is that a decent price for one?

Thanks

no worries on the hijack

and

Thats a decent price. I paid $99 for mine 2 at Midwest Gun Exchange. I bet the ammo is the corrosive stuff which goes for about $5/20.

I didnt know anything about Mosins until about 3 weeks ago. There is a lot of good info on the forums about them. They are a blast to shoot and cheap to shoot.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    dang it looks like a mantel piece .....................lol *cough* cough* i think i just caught the bug.......good thing the meds to cure this bug arnt to much hahahaha hopfully i can find a decent one for 50bcks hahaha and the search begins

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    dang it looks like a mantel piece .....................lol *cough* cough* i think i just caught the bug.......good thing the meds to cure this bug arnt to much hahahaha hopfully i can find a decent one for 50bcks hahaha and the search begins

what do you want to bet I drop the rifle the first time I take it out?

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I bet you don't. You have too much time, effort, sweat, and love invested. Shoot it and enjoy it, but don't fret about it. I want one (or two) now.

Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    OOOHHH ME likes, Thinking about picking up one myself, I really wanted to modify one, but the steel and wood looks so nice together. Would feel guilty changing out the stock, shortening the barrel and adding optics to a rifle that has the potential of being so pretty.

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Top Bottom