• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Been working on the mauser stock and it turned out very well. Love the look of these old wooden stocks:)

131.jpg

130.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks fellas. Unfortunatly not WWII, its post war. Just a m48 yugo. But it shoots amazing. Very accurate at 100 yrds, gonna take it out again and see how much further I can go out with it. Without having a scope on it. I dont want to put a scope on it an mess the look of the rifle up.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks fellas. Unfortunatly not WWII, its post war. Just a m48 yugo. But it shoots amazing. Very accurate at 100 yrds, gonna take it out again and see how much further I can go out with it. Without having a scope on it. I dont want to put a scope on it an mess the look of the rifle up.

On second glance I can see that how...raised upper handguard around the rear sight, and the larger butt plate.

Mausers are sweet shooting. Learning to shoot well with the irons will result in some very nice long range fun. The 8mm packs a lot of punch down range, and with a little work you'll be giving the longer range targets all that they want with that rifle.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea there is no trouble at all out to 100yd with it, an you can tell its got alot more. But yea you know when you have pulled the trigger, thats for sure,lol

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Nicely done.

I picked up a Yugo M48 a couple of years ago and did the same as you. It makes a great difference.
    I, too, was surprised at it's accuracy. I had a lot of fun shooting it out to 100 yards. It's a kicker, that's for sure.
    What's nice is that you get what is essentially a K98 at 1/3 the cost.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Nicely done.

I picked up a Yugo M48 a couple of years ago and did the same as you. It makes a great difference.
    I, too, was surprised at it's accuracy. I had a lot of fun shooting it out to 100 yards. It's a kicker, that's for sure.
    What's nice is that you get what is essentially a K98 at 1/3 the cost.

Thats no joke,lol. I had to invest in a slip on butt pad. Makes a huge difference in the recoil. Im not a stocky guy an before after 5 or 6 shots i was done,lol. But with the pad on i put almost 80 rds through it an didnt hurt at all, lol

Top Bottom