• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cfgunworks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Clinton Co.
    Down by the tracks can help you with that. I'll be in the shop Saturday morning if you would like to discuss some options or get an estimate. We do gun bluing and Cera-kote. My normal hours at the shop are 4:00-6:00PM on Friday, however, this week I'll be in Saturday from 10:00-12:00, instead. The shop hours are 10:00-6:00 Mon-Fri and 10:00-5:00 on Saturday. Harley or Joe would also be more than happy to help you.

-Brad-

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Well I actually called and talked to someone there at down by the tracks he set me up with someone but it was a 2 week wait and sadly I can't go with out my carry gun that long, any other ideas?

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    It is a police trade in and was built in 1994, the slides factory finish is EXTREMELY worn.

And i wanted to get it finished OD green to match me other firearms

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It is a police trade in and was built in 1994, the slides factory finish is EXTREMELY worn.

And i wanted to get it finished OD green to match me other firearms

It's a tool that has been used, nothing wrong with that.
    See it as a badge of honor and be proud of it.

:twocents:

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I know there's nothing "wrong" with it. But as with ALL my other firearms, i hate holster wear and do not like them looking old or worn.. Its just an issue of mine lol

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Suggest calling Glock in GA to find out about refinishing and the costs, before pursuing "after market" options. The surface finish of a Glock is a parkerizing process that does show holster wear. The underlying Tennifer treatment, however, does not wear off, as it is near diamond hard and half a millimeter deep.

I believe it is best to keep a gun as "factory" as possible, unless there is a compelling reason to do otherwise. For what it is worth!

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Look at DuraCoat. Contrary to what some may think, you can DuraCoat your slide yourself. It takes a little bravery, a little detail, but you can probably do the gun in less than a day (more like 4 hours or less) and have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Something to think about. I've done about 10 guns myself.

www.lauerweaponry.com

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It's a tool that has been used, nothing wrong with that.
    See it as a badge of honor and be proud of it.

:twocents:

I agree. What is the point of getting it refinished. It will only drive you to getting pissed when you scratch it. Use it and enjoy it. If you want it to look pretty, buy a new one and never use it......:twocents:

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Im ok with scratching it, but i want the wear the guns shows to be my wear. Not the police officer that carried it for 10 years before me.. May be dumb but its how i feel about it.

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region
    Im ok with scratching it, but i want the wear the guns shows to be my wear. Not the police officer that carried it for 10 years before me.. May be dumb but its how i feel about it.

Did you ever get it refinished? And if so, where?
    I've been looking at sending mine off to rockyourglock.com for their DuraBlack refinishing.

Top Bottom