• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Looks like a nice setup. How long does the battery last on the reflex and does it turn off automatically and back on with movement?

It all depends on which brand and model you get. My Trijicon RMR is always on. I change the battery once a year. My Delta Point Pro only gets turned on when I am shooting it for practice or in a match. Battery life on those varies but is typically pretty short. Battery life is the main reason I would only use a RMR for a daily carry gun.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Looks like a nice setup. How long does the battery last on the reflex and does it turn off automatically and back on with movement?

Like Cedartop said, it depends. That is an RM06 with a 3.25 moa dot. I leave it on 24/7 and plan to change the battery once a year. Trijicon says that at level 4 the battery should last 4 years. I think the newer version may have some powersaving functions but I went with the $350 one from Cabela's.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Thanks cedartop and saintnick. I didn't know if the batteries would last a month or a year. I figured things like brightness setting and frequency of use would effect battery life, but didn't know how much. I don't have a reference point. Who has two thumbs and is clueless (but learning) about reflex sights? THIS GUY (points thumbs at self)!

hysteria

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    The RMR comes in a dual illumination version as well, but from my understanding you make sacrifices in brightness and clarity, somewhat.
    I don't have any first hand experience with that, just read a lot.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Thanks cedartop and saintnick. I didn't know if the batteries would last a month or a year. I figured things like brightness setting and frequency of use would effect battery life, but didn't know how much. I don't have a reference point. Who has two thumbs and is clueless (but learning) about reflex sights? THIS GUY (points thumbs at self)!

You don't know what you don't know. I was right where you are not that long ago. I can tell you that I am very happy with the switch to the RMR.

Top Bottom