• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You can't trust em folks... always waiting to strike when you least expect it.

R.a94c98dfde1ff5126ba2d728ffdf6695

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I would like to know more about this and it’s root cause as well.

As far as I can tell, there are no especially flammable/explosive materials in a refrigerator. The only thing I can think of is the compressor itself. It is a self-contained pressure vessel with the electric motor inside, I suppose if the motor windings had a serious short, it could heat up coils in the motor to the point of outgassing and overpressure the compressor housing.

Or maybe the compressor failed in someway that it kept on compressing refrigerant until the evaporator and condenser circuits exploded.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Retired Refrig guy here. The compressor has terminals that can blow out and usually blow freon and oil yuck all over. Maybe it hit another electric part and shorted out? I have replaced those compressors and it was worse to clean up, than all the labor to remove and replace.
    Commercial units catch electrical arcing, and oil can combust. Fixed a few crispy critter machines, and guess anything is possible.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    ^^^^^This.
    Look at the scene. Nothing appears burnt. There was no "explosion" as in the sense of a Hollywood fireball. Instead, there was a "bursting" from an over pressurized containment vessel. No heat, no fire, just a runaway compressor with a failed limit switch.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ^^^^^This.
    Look at the scene. Nothing appears burnt. There was no "explosion" as in the sense of a Hollywood fireball. Instead, there was a "bursting" from an over pressurized containment vessel. No heat, no fire, just a runaway compressor with a failed limit switch.
    Now put on your tinfoil hat. They are making these damn things “smart” and connecting them to the web for whatever reason.

Remember the Iranian nuke centrifuges? Israel hacked in and spun them up until they ate themselves.

Top Bottom