• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Jan 18, at 1400 central time region 8 Indiana Oath Keepers will hold their monthly workshop at Ben Beman's house north of Evansville. This months topic will be, get home/bug out bags, EDC and first aid kits. So if you do not have a bag or wonder what everyone else carries in theirs and why, it may be a pretty informative lesson. If you have a tried and evolved bag then come show us why it works for you. This will be followed by a monthly meeting and planning for the following weekend Jan 26th where we will visit a local area and put our bags to use, building some shelters, fires, purifying some water and eating some of our meals as well as a lesson on terrain association. Anyone is welcome and any age, you do not need to be a member of Oath Keepers or a veteran/ LEO to participate. If interested contact myself or Ben for directions and RSVP as we will be having a meal of deer chili.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I am interested in learning more about your group. I live in martin co. do you know what region, and have any contact info? thanx for any help.

Martin county is in Region 8 and Ben Beman is the coordinator. We probably have one of the more active regions in the state with monthly workshops and classes. Our group has been growing every meeting. We usually have a meeting/ workshop once a month with a member giving the class. we will alternate class topics between more domesticated type topics last month we did animal husbandry and raising them on a smaller level. Members came to my house and saw how we raised dairy goats, chickens and pigs. My wife gave a class on making home made goat milk soap and we sampled some of the other products that we make and some that we eat. December was a class on HAM radio and alternative communications. The on schedule for Febuary will be the preservation and canning of meats. The alternative months ae mixed in with more of a survivalist type of workshop. Map reading and terrain association, building fires and shelters with different ignition sources. We are currently planning for a defensive pistol class in May.
    The classes are all free, you do not have to be a member of Oath Keepers to participate or a former military or LEO. They are family friendly and open to anyone. If I can answer any more questions feel free to contact me here or through PM. Most of our classes are posted and reviewed on the Oath Keeper Indiana region 8 forum section. Oath Keepers - Powered by vBulletin
    I hope to see you at one of our meetings in the future.
    Mudcat
    Warrick county Oath Keeper CPT coordinator

Pup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    The meeting tonight was my first with this group and they welcomed me with open arms. I learned a great deal of info from them in just a few hours. Looking forward to learning more.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    The meeting tonight was my first with this group and they welcomed me with open arms. I learned a great deal of info from them in just a few hours. Looking forward to learning more.

If mudcat or any applseed instructor was involved, this is the review i expect.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    We had a good turn out and got to see several ideas on different concepts on Bags. I know I learned a few things from Zak and his tiered system, and his para cord storage. A definite fix to a couple problems I have had in the past. I think we had 9 people in the group for this meeting. A special thanks to Ben and his wife for hosting this and the great chili!
    The next get together will be at Lynnville park Sunday Jan 26th at 0900 central time. I will give some demonstrations on fire and shelter building then we will all get some practice, we will cook and try some of our stored meals. A ruck march will be included as well as learning some terrain features on a map and being able to recognize them on the ground. The class will last all day, dress warm and in layers we will be moving and in the woods out of the wind as much as possible.
    Again you do not need to be a member of Oath Keepers or a veteran or former LEO to attend our events and they are free and family friendly.

Top Bottom