• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I've been following Scott Presler, of https://earlyvoteaction.com/. He's been active on X. (Formerly Twitter, but don't deadname them. Respect their transition. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:)

He's apparently doing a lot of grass roots registration of voters at different locations. He gave me this idea. I'm checking for interest here.

The next Indy 1500 is May 31-June 1 & 2 Expo Hall. https://www.indy1500.com/

Would it be impossible to get enough people from here to staff a booth at the next Indy 1500 to register voters who are gun owners?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Would it be impossible to get enough people from here to staff a booth at the next Indy 1500 to register voters who are gun owners?
    I think it's a great idea.

Some people won't even register for a gun manufacturer's warranty.
    There is no reason to register for any warranty, most companies either have you register when you need support or not even that.

Registering for any warranty is a great way to get an increase in spam emails and junk mail...

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Doesn't sound impossible at all. The only hiccup I see is convincing people to not get suspicious about connecting dots between a gun show and "registering" for anything. Some people won't even register for a gun manufacturer's warranty.

Good! If some people won't then that means some people will!

Are you willing to staff the table for part of the show for the 'some' of the people that are willing to register to vote?

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    Good! If some people won't then that means some people will!

Are you willing to staff the table for part of the show for the 'some' of the people that are willing to register to vote?
    No can do. I'll be out of the state that weekend. For the show in September, possibly.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Can you register voters from any county or just those residing in Marion County?

For the presidential election I believe it is state wide, maybe from any state. It looks like you can do it by mail, in person, or online.

I figure 2 laptops and pre-printed registration forms with addressed and stamped envelopes would be a way to start.

I happen to have 2 laptops and a cell phone hotspot. :D

Top Bottom