• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    On Christmas day of my 16th year, my dad gave me a Savage 20ga pump as a gift. It was a shocker since my dad was pretty anti-gun at the time. The next day I learned my best friend's dad had convinced him to get it for me because "every man needs his own squirrel gun". A few years later I was really needing cash to get started in life, so it and a couple other guns went bye-bye. Fast forward another decade and I was in the final stages of a nasty divorce. The soon to be ex had done everything in her power to bury me financially. I had a decent WW2 equipment and weapons collection that would bring in a nice sum of money. So it along with my M1 Garand and GI bringback P38 Walther were liquidated. I suppose they all went to helping me along the way, but I surely would love to have that old Savage and my M1 back. Of all the guns I've bought, sold and traded over the years those are the only two that I really miss.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Pop gave me an Ithaca 49 single shot when I was 10 or so. Damn rear sight was canted, and I couldn't get pop to help me with it. In my frustration I sold it for peanuts. Wish I hadn't done that. Just found a rightly priced replacement within this last year.
    Few years ago sold a beautiful p6 and an even better 239. I have found a stock p6 to replace the old one, but no such luck with a 239. Yet.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I didn't like any of the guns I have sold and don't regret selling any of them. They all funded guns that I love.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    My S&W M66 snubby and my M45 Firestar. I sold them both to fund other projects and regret it to this day. That M66 was the sweetest revolver I've ever owned, and the Firestar was a great pistol. Oh well, live and learn.

Thrown Hammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2013
    Northern
    I sold a Hungarian AMD65 to a friend so I could fund an AR15 build.

My AR was an amazing rifle. Accurate, reliable, and easy to shoot. Problem was it had no soul... The AMD haunted me.

Lucky for me my friend didn't really care for the AMD and sold it back for the same money.

So my regret story has a happy ending. :-)

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Colt Officers Model 45 stainless.....needed the money for babies...

from wayback- a Remington Mdl 788 22-250 with an old Weaver K-10 scope. Greene county groundhogs thanked me.

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I traded a xd .45 for a motorcycle(it was a complete basket case). It wasn't anything special but It was one of the first handguns I had ever bought. Definitely regret that one

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    My ak. Needed to get the bank account back up where I like it to be and I let it go too cheap. Stupid move.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    My 1944 Mosin Nagant M44 carbine. It was made in the Tula factory, man was that thing a boss! took down a few Coyotes, ground hogs, and even a squirrel (that was messy). I bought it from Wannamaker Guns for $90 and sold it for $100. :ugh:

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Too many things to name off the top of my head. If I had had disposeable income all my life, Id need a building just for all my *****.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Regret selling my Marlin Model 60, my first .22, loved that gun. Going to find one just like it again soon. Stupid. Don''t get me started on old cars I foolishly sold...

Top Bottom