• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Recently ,my better half has been asking about the pistols in the safe & what she should use in the case of a break in while she was home .She used to have a smith & wesson revolver that went towards a trade when she stopped carrying .All I have now is semi autos & I keep them unloaded (nothing in the chamber with a magazine inserted) I took them all out to see which ones she could rack & to my surprise the sig 226 9mm was her fave.Actually a good choice & she rather liked how it fit in her hand.i have a couple of other smaller pistols that I thought she could handle but I had forgotten that a few years ago that she had broke her wrist & still is somewhat weak in her one hand ( the sig is very smooth to operate).I think with a little more practice though she will build up enough hand strength that we can get out shooting again & eventually get her to get her carry license again .come on warm weather ,mrs drgnrobo wont shoot in the cold .Looks like another revolver snub purchase in the future( hey at least I know what my wife likes for carry :))

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Good luck on trying to get her... excuse me, your... 226 back with a snubby LOL.

Good to hear she's interested in shooting again!

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Yeah I think I might of lost a sig but its a small price to pay to get her back to our couples shooting, its really odd that we stopped doing that type of activity .But when the kids came along ,that took up alot of time & then her college ,my kids going to college now.........Wow theres been alot of stuff the last few years,must be getting old

GunSlinger77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah I think I might of lost a sig but its a small price to pay to get her back to our couples shooting, its really odd that we stopped doing that type of activity .But when the kids came along ,that took up alot of time & then her college ,my kids going to college now.........Wow theres been alot of stuff the last few years,must be getting old

Time does fly when kids are in the mix!! When you start getting her back out there to the range, have her try drills in each hand. This is essential for basic self defense. You never know how you will be attacked. I really like the range down in Huntington. The only drawback is that they don't allow shooting from the hip. Must use the sights there. :twocents:

Top Bottom